When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona on the bay

tech

I suspect the price will be bid higher, alot higher, before the auction closes (assuming ebay security does not remove the listing first). I would be a little concerned that the seller has no previous watch selling history (previous sales are B&O remotes) and the movement looks like it may not have been fit into the case properly (the crown/stem looks like it is mis-aligned). But, other than that, and assuming the seller's description is 100% accurate, it looks like a (franken) gem, especially since he is also including a steel bezel.

a.) That's not an original Rolex 727.

b.) This auction will close at over $6000.

With those assumptions, what will you be willing to bid?

Edited by avitt

I'd seen the gold Daytona, but the big flaw on that watch is the pointer on the balance bridge- first clue that it's not a real Rolex movement w/ the microstella balance. but as avitt says- the other isn't a genuine Rolex movement- these are frankens, but even they have a certain value in the marketplace. There was a gold Daytona similar to the one above that went for around $16K 4-6 months ago- ridiculous, but that's the market- people are buying stuff w/ no real knowledge- more money than brains!

Sorry, but the 'refinished' dial is s-h-i-t-e (just look at the chiseled crown), the seller's previous sales are mostly model cars (no significant history with collectible watches that I can see), he accepts only money order or cashier's check & I am not even sure the pushers are asymmetrically situated in the 'gold replacement' case. This one spells trouble from the get-go.

I suspect the price will be bid higher, alot higher, before the auction closes (assuming ebay security does not remove the listing first). I would be a little concerned that the seller has no previous watch selling history (previous sales are B&O remotes) and the movement looks like it may not have been fit into the case properly (the crown/stem looks like it is mis-aligned). But, other than that, and assuming the seller's description is 100% accurate, it looks like a (franken) gem, especially since he is also including a steel bezel.

Ya...not too jazzed about the lack of FB.....saw the previous Harley buys as well....

Thanks for lookin' out for me Freddy!

I'll keep looking for a decent 6263 franken gem......

cheers