When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist Check (7th - 9th of Dec, 2007)

freddy333

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow great pics....right now i am wearing nothing (watch-wise that is) as it is 3 am and hot and i couldn't sleep. ..so it is just men's cotton pj bottoms and a singlet i am afraid

However today i wore my gen vintage TAG that i got from Alt.obsessive for an insane price (with orig black leather strap) plus some matching braclets that i bought....I always wear mens watched with eirhte a chain link bralet or a bangle...and several on the other writs..

I have ordered a LV chrono and Bvlgarir from river in his Xmas sale...(no not blue) but i needed a brown dial and i love the assimoma...

Still thinking about the blue...maybe not a tag...now i have seen the pics here...dunno...will have to do some research ...I do like the one that was suggested instead of the monaco as i have a genuine large LV tri colour epi noe in toledo blie with red and green accenet and i use it to carry my laptop in...

ah decisions....I guess i will have to get the camera out and practice taking pics of my wrist..lol

J

wow great pics....right now i am wearing nothing (watch-wise that is) as it is 3 am and hot and i couldn't sleep. ..so it is just men's cotton pj bottoms and a singlet i am afraid

However today i wore my gen vintage TAG that i got from Alt.obsessive for an insane price (with orig black leather strap) plus some matching braclets that i bought....I always wear mens watched with eirhte a chain link bralet or a bangle...and several on the other writs..

:close_tema:

Pics!!

And if I know the guys here, preferrably something like this (I actually have this, a Nordstrom's baby doll...):

nordstromsbabydollei5.jpg

If you post a Wristcheck like this, J, don't matter whatcha watch ya got.

DSCN3929.jpg

:wub:

Still awaiting that Omega Speedy I got on the cheap on Le Side Dark. It's coming from Australia, but I'll post some shots when it does, TMG.

omegafl4.jpg

Ever since Dr. Sally Ride, I wanted to be an astronaut. Not that I would wear the Speedy, but it's nice to look at the watch and the heroes who wore them.

Hey vic... I like your hands!!!

Talk about delayed reactions. :p

Thanks, Verbal Kint. That's very nice of you to say and I appreciate it!

@Golfman: That's one of my fave pics too. It's got an early cool macho aviator look to it, like something Chuck Yaeger would have lying about.

@Golfman: That's one of my fave pics too. It's got an early cool macho aviator look to it, like something Chuck Yaeger would have lying about.

I am 200% agree with you Vic, and Chuck is a right pic of what every guy would love to be ... B)

This is my "Nantucket" watch. A Geneva on grosgrain D-ring strap. :victory:

nantucketwristie000cd5.jpg

Vic -- To be honest, due to the extended length & ratio of wrist-shot-to-non-wrist-shot content of most of your recent posts, I usually scroll (& scroll & scroll & scroll) past them (I really do enjoy your strap work, but not so much in a 'Wrist Check' where I expect to see mostly wrist (or, at least new watch) shots). Unfortunately, today, you included your extraordinary 'Nantucket' watch, which got lost within the scrolls. Now that is the kind of wrist shot (on a woman's wrist) that I never tire of seeing. More of those (and less of the other stuff) please.

Vic -- To be honest, due to the extended length & ratio of wrist-shot-to-non-wrist-shot content of most of your recent posts, I usually scroll (& scroll & scroll & scroll) past them (I really do enjoy your strap work, but not so much in a 'Wrist Check' where I expect to see mostly wrist (or, at least new watch) shots).

Freddy, as you know, I am very different kind of member than the usual here. I use my Wristchecks to impart a lot more than a simple show of watch on a wrist. I've mentioned these a couple of times.

- To keep my promise to show my entire collection, with a new watch per post

- To assuage my guilt at suddenly stopping the Great Panerai Strap Capers, and give you a mini-one each time with the straps

- To target the needs of the three forums I am in, since they are often much more enthusiastic and complimentary than those here (that's only because they don't have the ratings system, to be fair to members here)

There are other reasons, but these are the major ones.

Oh, and I'm also unbelievably enthusiastic about this series. I love the Wristchecks; I put a lot of effort into each, and I think it shows.

Unfortunately, today, you included your extraordinary 'Nantucket' watch, which got lost within the scrolls. Now that is the kind of wrist shot (on a woman's wrist) that I never tire of seeing. More of those please.

Thank you so much. I won't cloud your lovely compliment with any thoughts about what ladies "should" wear according to your taste, because we've had this conversation before.

I am just very happy it pleased. :)

Freddy, as you know, I am very different kind of member than the usual here. I use my Wristchecks to impart a lot more than a simple show of watch on a wrist. I've mentioned these a couple of times.

Agreed. But all I am asking is that you consider posting the other content in a separate post? That way, members looking for your very informative non-wrist posts can still get their fix without having to filter out the extraneous stuff and members looking for wrist shots can do the same. That seems both reasonable & fair to me.