When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bob Straps. I Challenge You To Find Me.....

V

I challenge you to find me.....

...a softer strap than the BOB buffalo.

All those years of strap collecting I have NEVER seen a softer 4mm strap on the market. If you don't have one.. shame on you :p

I wonder where the hell do they find such beautiful and soft hides :angry:

Having said that, I tried to mate the 036 and the 196 to make a contemporary vintage Panerai..

I don't know if I accomplished my mission. We'll see in 9 months if something new will appear in my watch case :lol:

63747-34175.jpg

63747-34176.jpg

I concur with Veni. The Bob vertigo is a great, supple, well made strap that can't be beat for the $. There are other good ones out there. I just got a TWB Hydro that I made into a vintage strap. I'll post pics. Amazing quality strap.

I agree with you.. I just say they are the SOFTEST straps with a big margin to the competition.. If you want a strap to wear for days without notice it.. this is the one.

Especially with the titanium Pam, you feel like not wearing a watch :victory:

V, how well does the dye (color) hold up on the Vertigo? I ask as I have a couple of Bob ostrisch straps and the dye on my wife's orange that has been used for less than 2 months has come off significantly. The strap looks like its been used for 5 years, by me. :D No showers or swimming. Just daily regular wear by someone that's very easy on watches.

Thanks!

Jet

Do you mean flexible or soft ?

I have had very flexible, soft straps from Don, which felt cheap to me..

as the core is made up with some sort of foam substance...

Also have a Bob, which is okay,..price matching quality.. imo

For me, So far to date my MF straps are The highest in material,

design and craftmanship, for the price that I have encountered...

Bar None !

V, how well does the dye (color) hold up on the Vertigo? I ask as I have a couple of Bob ostrisch straps and the dye on my wife's orange that has been used for less than 2 months has come off significantly. The strap looks like its been used for 5 years, by me. :D No showers or swimming. Just daily regular wear by someone that's very easy on watches.

The vertigo line is their HIGH end one.. So you can expect the best. I have some of his straps for months and they are superb. Ostrich, Shark and basic line straps are DEAD cheap on the price but at least better quality than the rep crap straps for someone who doesn't want to spend $$ on straps.

The Vertigo are comparable to the better quality straps with a perfect price. Imagine that the only straps I own at the moment except my own, are BOB vertigos.

Do you mean flexible or soft ?

I have had very flexible, soft straps from Don, which felt cheap to me..

as the core is made up with some sort of foam substance...

Also have a Bob, which is okay,..price matching quality.. imo

For me, So far to date my MF straps are The highest in material,

design and craftmanship, for the price that I have encountered...

Bar None !

I know what you mean about DON's straps. I still have his shrinked black seal (his softest strap as he said) on my deployment and it is very soft. BUT still not even close to BOB vertigo quality.

As far as I know they make their straps in Switzerland (and not in Asia like most of the low cost strap makers - DON-Taikonaut etc).

Their vertigo buffalo hides are extremely soft and supple and the BEST part is that they SMELL high quality leather :victory:

What BOB you have? You shouldn't definately compare his VERTIGO line with any of his other straps. It is adressed to a completely different buyers group. ;)

This is on the way to me :D

Mmmmmmm... cashmere ;)

64405-34048.jpg

Thanks for the info, Veni!

I was just surprised that a made in Italy supposedly decent quality Ostrisch strap would fall apart like this in such a short period of time. This may also apply to the shark as it is in a similar price range.

I have owned many leather and exotic straps (various price ranges) used on a daily basis and all held up rather well even though not exactly well cared for.

It seems that the Vertigo may be the way to go but I am disappointed. <_<

Jet

I only Buy from Aaron(HAktan)Then i can make the size,color combo myself and man his skills are good.

Sinze BOB dont provide other size staps then 120/75 i have not tried one of his collection

I agree but he has to choose i guess just one size to lower the cost ;)

greg stevens crazyhorse tan, nothing is softer,

im getting a toscana cappricio tommorow, we will see if eliots stuff is any good. I got one of his new dirk ones cheap, it was so damn stiff, sold it right away, but i t was waterproof

but who cares, my replicas aint touching water, lol

Well... My Europelli Baseball straps (in black/black and natural) are the softest I've tried ever, soft like butter. The natural has developed a beautiful patina in just a few weeks of wear.

Thinking of getting a Black/copper for my fiddy coming soon, but have ordered an OEM Black/beige stitch to go on it first. I don't want to go crazy on Fiddy straps until I know that I'm comfortable with the size.

• 3 weeks later...
Well... My Europelli Baseball straps (in black/black and natural) are the softest I've tried ever, soft like butter. The natural has developed a beautiful patina in just a few weeks of wear.

Just got the baseball strap to compare it with the BOb buffalo and I have to confirm that the BOB strap is SOFTER even from the baseball Europelli strap... :)

Europelli baseball with Pvd buckle:

77221-31224.jpg

111H with BOB cashmere strap:

77221-31225.jpg

77221-31226.jpg

My vertigo coconut is so soft I refuse to believe that it's all leather... feels like a foam core or something!

i also have a BOB vertigo coconut, bought it distressed from a TRC member.

77449-31171.jpg

and it is SO soft - but i am 112% sure that it is leather, just made a new hole in it to make it fit, and it is leather all the way through....

impressiv quality for a very small amount of $.

even beats the quality of the 250$ DinoZei croc strap i have...

Edited by marinamm20

Beautiful - I have to buy some of those for my 183H

The bad thing is that they don't have yet 26/22 straps.. You should either buy 26/26 and use an 26mm buckle or 24/24 with a gap at the lugs :rolleyes: