When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 3 month odyssey w/ Silix

Feta1

So way back in Sept/Oct when Jay put a special on the SFSO I decided to buy the white faced ETA. I placed my order and in less then a week she arrive... DOA. No matter what I did I could not get the second hand to move. "No biggie" I thought, so I just emailed Jay and he sent out a replacement right way (before he even got the defective one back), he is a true gentlemen. So the replacement arrived a view weeks later, and this time the second has was ticking... YES!!! But I soon noticed this it too had issues and I had to send it back to Jay. He sent yet another replacement, all looks good, but then I found yet more issues... On one hand I don't want to be too picky... on the other these things aren't cheap and I know that isn't suppose to be there.... thoughts???

On the good side, it seems that you have established some sort of communication with Silix, where you are able to send back the watch and receive a new one. It can be frustrating and yes, 3 months is a long journey. Could you see if Silix will be able to ship you only a replacement dial instead of you having to ship back the entire watch?

• 3 weeks later...
I had an issue with my black faced one with the date not changing at all. I sent it back and changed it for the new Super Sea-Dweller. Should be here tomorrow...

Yet another issue... bezel misaligned... unbelievable... 3rd watch that was supposedly QCed :angry:

Does anyone have any idea if it is difficult to align the dial with the bezel... can one of our modders here do it. I really love the watch but all the problems with it is killing me!!!!!!!!

I bought an Asian SFSO (white dial) from Jay and was so impressed with it's quality that I decided to order the "Swiss" ETA version with A/R. The asian movement version keeps absolutely perfect time and the movement feels smooth when you wind it by hand or change the time. On the other hand, the ETA version feels like a bag of nails and the crown will not screw back down without changing the date !! Jay has asked me to return it to him for repair/replacement, which I will do shortly. However, I'm a little disturbed to hear how many bad ones Feta1 has been sent. It sounds as though there is NO QC at all (despite what Silix claims) and there seem to be a lot of rough SFSOs being sent out. I paid more than twice as much for the "Swiss" ETA version so I am not impressed !!! :angry:

Edited by Fireman_Fred

Man this thread isnt good news for me. I bought a Navi World from him a couple weeks back and I wore it for 2 days and wham no more movement! I have contacted him to hopefully replace it for me, just kind of bummed.

One question, the asian movement, do they make a lot of noise every now and again or are they supposed to stay quiet???

Man this thread isnt good news for me. I bought a Navi World from him a couple weeks back and I wore it for 2 days and wham no more movement! I have contacted him to hopefully replace it for me, just kind of bummed.

One question, the asian movement, do they make a lot of noise every now and again or are they supposed to stay quiet???

Yes I am at the point where I am thinking to just ask Jay for a refund...

What kind of noise? In my experience, the asian rotors are often quieter than the ETA versions but that could be cos they're more cheaply made and not so solid ?

What kind of noise? In my experience, the asian rotors are often quieter than the ETA versions but that could be cos they're more cheaply made and not so solid ?

Well it is like a grinding hollow noise. Weird. It did it at first then when I wound it and it worked it was quiet. I really dont know. I just hope Jay replaces with me.

Have u got my reply on this already? If not, Could u please PM me ur email address? I am sorry for the problem. But do not worry, we will never leave our customers in cold, will get ur problem taken care of. Happy New Year!

Yes I am at the point where I am thinking to just ask Jay for a refund...

Sorry for the problem. Have u got my reply yet? If not, please PM me ur email address. No doubt, it is our fault to ship three watches with defect to u, we failed on the QC. But we do have workers checking watches in the shop, although it is not me. We will address this QC problem seriously. But as I said, we will not have u sufferring from the problem. We will get the problem fixed, either through replacement or refund. Happy New Year!

Sorry for the problem. Have u got my reply yet? If not, please PM me ur email address. No doubt, it is our fault to ship three watches with defect to u, we failed on the QC. But we do have workers checking watches in the shop, although it is not me. We will address this QC problem seriously. But as I said, we will not have u sufferring from the problem. We will get the problem fixed, either through replacement or refund. Happy New Year!

Just wanted everyone to know that true to his word, Silix (Jay) and I have worked out an exchange (for a different watch). Despite all the problems he has been nothing but helpful through all of this. He is a professional and does care about service to his customers... thanks Jay!!! B)