When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Twenty-4

watchgrl

post-2057-1149893441_thumb.jpgpost-2057-1149893340_thumb.jpgpost-2057-1149893353_thumb.jpgYes, I know...the photos stink for a few reasons. 1) The photography is sub-par and 2) No T&A. I will work on both...

Received my PP 24 from River today. Shipping and customer service is top notch. I think the watch arrived within 3 days of my order.

It has a very solid feel and is comfortable on the wrist. If the "diamonds" on the dial were better aligned (they are a bit crooked), I would rate this watch as "as good as it gets". Other than the misaligned stones on the dial, it is a dead ringer for my neighbor's gen PP24.

Thanks River! I am happy with the transaction!!!

Now, I want a Yachtmaster. I sold my gen about 6 months ago and have been regretting it ever since....

Edited by watchgrl

I got one for my wife. It's spectacular. The diamonds aren't missaligned.

I would send it back for a new one if they were missaligned.

Any photos of your watch (even if they're not the world's best photos)? I'd be interested to see them.

The 'diamonds' being a bit off is one of the things that makes me pause about buying my wife this watch, so it would be great to see yours.

:)

Any photos of your watch (even if they're not the world's best photos)? I'd be interested to see them.

The 'diamonds' being a bit off is one of the things that makes me pause about buying my wife this watch, so it would be great to see yours.

:)

You can see the "drunk" stones if you enlarge my first picture. I mailed it back yesterday and I sincerely hope the replacement will have straight stones! I asked River to pick the best watch that he has in stock...I don't care which color dial because I like all three. It wouldn't have bothered me so much if just one stone was slightly crooked, but most of the stones were crooked on this watch.

On another note, I ordered a Pearlmaster Masterpiece from Josh a couple of days ago. From the pictures, I can't see a difference between the gen and the rep other than the stones on the gen look larger..of course, the gen is 18K and the rep is SS. Can't wait! I have a couple of gen Rolex watches and a gen Omega Constellation Quadra, but these are really fun to throw into the mix.

You can see the "drunk" stones if you enlarge my first picture. I mailed it back yesterday and I sincerely hope the replacement will have straight stones! I asked River to pick the best watch that he has in stock...I don't care which color dial because I like all three. It wouldn't have bothered me so much if just one stone was slightly crooked, but most of the stones were crooked on this watch.

That's actually good to hear, cheers. I wasn't sure if the stones being a bit off was supposed to be part of the accepted 'rep' factor on this watch - so pleased that isn't. Hopefully you'll get your new one soon.

I'm more and more inclined to think that this will be the gift watch! :)

I'm happy for you. Hope everything will be fine with the last one. but all of those 24 I have seen have misaligned stone. Some are worst (like yours) than other.

I'm happy for you. Hope everything will be fine with the last one. but all of those 24 I have seen have misaligned stone. Some are worst (like yours) than other.

I make jewelry, so it wouldn't be impossible for me to reset one stone if necessary. The stones are placed with glue...not difficult because I can use the others as a guide. However, lining them all up would have been an awful project and just not something I would be willing to do for a new watch.

Maybe I am too picky, but I don’t care if I make a 200 dollar purchase or a 2000 purchase, I do expect good service and a great product.

I am sure the next one will be very nice and the stones properly set.... although I am a little sad because I am going to Mexico on Friday and was planning to wear the PP. Hopefully, Joshua’s Rolex will arrive on time. I don’t like to take my gens while on vacation. I had a Rolex Pres and a costly diamond ring stolen from a hotel safe once.

• 2 weeks later...
@watchgrl - you have a nice collection there! That diamond rolex must have costed you a pretty penny.

Can you comment on how the fake diamonds compare to the real thing? Can you tell?

Thanks

In general I don't think you can tell the difference between the gen diamond dial and this "diamond" dial.