When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vick sentenced to 23 months for dogfighting

Dani

Vick sentenced,link to CNN press here

Happy to see that people get in Norwigan terms a hard punishment for animal crulety.

But i was sick to my stomac to see all the peta people their read why under

Truth about Peta,Link to Workingpitull

As a owner of a amstaff mostly now'n in the US as AKC registerd version of the pitbull,i em happy to see such cruel people as Mr.Vick going to jail and losing his contract whit the NFL.

Good day innded.

Cheeers,

Dani

• Like 1

Don't let his ex-salary fool you. Millions of dollars disappear pretty quick when it's overspent & mismanaged.

The sentence was too light. For that scale of animal cruelty, and his repeated propensity for doing so, it should have been a minimum of five years. 23 months is a joke, considering he'll probably be out in less that half of that.

Considering his background, his present nature & criminal mentality, the fact that he'll never play pro-ball again, and will have multiple felony convictions on his record, I doubt very seriously that this individual has any intelligent or professional skills practical for the modern workplace, to earn legitimate money upon his release; God knows the sports world won't touch him with a 10 meter cattle-prod. It probably won't be dog fighting :) , but chances are he'll probably return to crime in an attempt to maintain the lifestyle he's grown accustomed to, if he can't do it legitimately. But who knows; I guess it's possible for some people to change...

Don't let his ex-salary fool you. Millions of dollars disappear pretty quick when it's overspent & mismanaged.

The sentence was too light. For that scale of animal cruelty, and his repeated propensity for doing so, it should have been a minimum of five years. 23 months is a joke, considering he'll probably be out in less that half of that.

Yes. Mind, his raison d'

This is good news, [censored]ing sicko should be behind bars what he did is horrible...I own a pitbull and what he did gives my pup a bad rap, even tho shes the sweetest dog ever and would not harm a fly, when I walk her in the city people are still afraid of her..I agree with gio, if this were anyone else they would be locked up for much longer...Celebrities with high profile lawyers always get off easy, and this case is no different...Quite sad actually

Yea, they handled this sort of thing better in the old days: just beat the hell out of the perp.

Cruelty to animals is a real sign of mental illness. Signs of this in Children often lead to serious criminal activities in adulthood. I'm just glad he was caught...he could have gone to further lengths.

On another note: My beloved SAINTS beat the heck out of the "Dirty Birds" last night. Woo Hoo! He should never be let back into the NFL again.

Great news indeed Dani.. The thing I hate MOST in this world is cruelty against animals.

Not being a vegetarian, I can't say that, V. I love a juicy prime rib. I also wear leather (on my Panerai straps, for example). So to say that would make me hypocritical.

But I will say that unnecessary cruelty to animals is disgusting.

I once saw a guy beating his burro in the mountains of Bolivia. I just cried, because even if I had remonstrated with him he would've kept on doing it after I left. People close to the land often behave like this.

Not being a vegetarian, I can't say that, V. I love a juicy prime rib. I also wear leather (on my Panerai straps, for example). So to say that would make me hypocritical.

I once saw a guy beating his burro in the mountains of Bolivia. I just cried, because even if I had remonstrated with him he would've kept on doing it after I left. People close to the land often behave like this.

I am not a vegeterian either... Eating meat is not cruelty against animals. Unfortunately this is the way of life... There are some animals that were brought up to eat them.

At the jungle sometimes tigers leopards or lions kill smaller animals for fun...

What I meant was cruelty to domestic animals without any specific reason (unless someone thinks that betting on dog fight is a reason - which makes him dangerous).

Plus I do love as well a juicy steak and I do wear leather straps BUT I do not wear straps from exotic animals as you might have notice..

Kangaroo, elephant etc. although LOVELY are a no no for me.

I em no vegeterian and from what i now of my buddy V he is not either.

As to what V said i agree its second to crulety towards children in my eyes and i dont feel hypocritical.

Meat eater is in my eyes human nature as the predators we are,i em no peta folower i just follow common sence in not hurting animals for no reason at all or for the pleasure or fun of it only sickos like the types of Bundy,Gein,Damher does that.

Cruelty to animals (related to "zoosadism"). Many children may be cruel to animals, such as pulling the legs off spiders, but future serial killers often kill larger animals, like dogs and cats, and frequently for their solitary enjoyment rather than to impress peers.

Cheers.

Animal cruelty is probably the thing I hate most in the world. I'd rate someone who was cruel to an animal as being lower than a child molester, as animals can't even tell someone what has happened to them, and they rely on us for their protection. That said, I do not have any problem eating meat or wearing leather products, as using leather goods, means that even if an animal is killed for it's meat, the 'leftovers' are not going to waste. I have the same approach to animal testing for medicines (but NOT for cosmetics etc) if it were not for animal testing for medicinal purposes, then there are many people in the world today who would be dead, or have a severely impaired quality of life. Such research, as the law prevents doctors researching on criminals, is a sad necessity. Hopefully oneday, it will no longer be a necessity.

Actually, given the cost of leather goods compared to the cost of meat, maybe meat is really a by-product of the leather industry, and we've just been duped into thinking we need to eat it ;)

Edited by TeeJay

Could have been worse, Vicky:

At least he wasn't spanking his monkey :lol:

If it's any consolation, it is Federal time, so the guidelines state that offenders are only allowed (5?) days of good time per month. Basically, he has to complete 85% of his sentence, which would be about 19 1/2 months. There is no way to get out earlier. Oh, and since its fed time, they can send him to any federal prison in the country. Offenders can request a prison close to home for hardship reasons, i.e. ailing family member who can't travel far distances for visits, but they do not have to accommodate or even consider such requests.