When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross BR02

turboGUATE

My research shows that the second hand should be orange on the pro models (with dots instead of arabic numerals) and that the two crowns should have black inserts on them. Aside from the date wheel issue already mentioned, these are the only faults I can find...seems like a pretty good job for the first round on a new rep! I've been wondering why they don't just use the same movement from the 03, which has the black date wheel in it already...

The bottom line is that this is a very good price for a rep this close to the genuine! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Movement from the B&R 03-92 comes with black date wheel but the basic movement is supplied with a white date wheel, the factory that makes the B&R 03-92 made the black date wheel especially. I presume that this is made by a different maker.

as for this first rep there are a few flaws

1 - Should have a black date wheel

2 - Crown, mentioned above

3 - Case back , the & symbol is raised but infact it should be recessed.

When these are fixed ill buy it!

I could be wrong but I think the symbol is recessed. The spaces in between the & symbol seemed to be raised like the original. My eyes could be playing tricks on me as the pic isnt all that clear. But it was clear enough for me to buy one for $120 (can't beat that price). Can't wait until it's shipped and arrives. I've been hoping someone would rep this one, it was on my top 5 liist, 4 more to go.

Also Reg said it was 44mm, Asian 21 J and the inner bezel rotates

Edited by Coeuss

It's not that much better...the date wheel is black, but the dates should stay parallel with the font on the dial, and still no orange seconds hand on the pro dial. It seems to me the only thing better about this one is the crowns have the black inserts on them.

I like this watch so much that I'm willing to wait a while for these small issues to be addressed. I really don't expect that black carbon finish (awesome!) to make into rep-land, so I'll probably go with the stainless steel on this one!

Although I'll wait for a closer replication, this watch at the asking price is a GREAT deal. Most people won't run into a gen owner of this watch during their lifetime, so unless perfect accuracy :cc_detective: is the goal in your collection, grab up this inexpensive beauty from Narikaa! :tu:

hmmmm I should have waited. Live and learn I guess let that be a lesson..... :doh:

Edit: Then again I just noticed that it doesn't have the orange HE valve. The one I purchased from Narikaa does have the HE valve but it doesn't have the black calendar dial. Hmmm a question of tradeoffs

Edited by Coeuss

Quality looks really bad if you actually seen the gen. These are not so accurate and you can tell its a rep from a distant. Suggest anyone who is used to the type of quality we are used to here to hold out. The third pic from josh, the lume on the markers is a joke... uneven and looks like bird-droppings.

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

I received mine from Andrew yesterday. I got the model without the numbers. It has the orange He valve and the black date wheel. The rubber band is nice and soft, the only drawback is that it attracts dust like most rep rubber bands do. It is very comfortable, wears much smaller than it looks. I will post some photos tommorrow when I get to work. I have access to a better camera there. Does anyone know where I can get one of those nylon bands?

"SOF"

Hey Guys,

I received mine from Andrew yesterday. I got the model without the numbers. It has the orange He valve and the black date wheel. The rubber band is nice and soft, the only drawback is that it attracts dust like most rep rubber bands do. It is very comfortable, wears much smaller than it looks. I will post some photos tommorrow when I get to work. I have access to a better camera there. Does anyone know where I can get one of those nylon bands?

"SOF"

As Promised here are a few photos.

P1010982-copy.jpg

P1010979-copy.jpg

P1010978-copy.jpg

P1010977-copy.jpg

P1010984-copy.jpg

P1010987-copy.jpg

As Promised here are a few photos.

P1010982-copy.jpg

P1010979-copy.jpg

P1010978-copy.jpg

P1010977-copy.jpg

P1010984-copy.jpg

P1010987-copy.jpg

Im hitting the sack so don't have time to get the pics. I started a thread about the same model a few months ago as well with some more info and pics in it. The helium valve on this one is definitely way off. I know some of the reps either don't have the He valve, or have this 'bubble' version which is nothing like the gen. This is the only pic I could find quickly, but the pics in the beginning of this thread have it too I think. And I'm out

http://mytimesquare.net/cat_images/1195429...o_300x450_1.jpg