When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pugwash's Aquatimer Chrono 3719 review

Pugwash

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pugwash...bit of a strange question, but what size are your wrists? want to get an idea about how the rubber strap will fit..

6.75" (17cm) circumference. They're flatter than they are round, though. ;)

I'm on the 3rd notch (of 8) so it'll go smaller and bigger.

I would have chosen the Cousteau orange, or the black/yellow version over this. Not because they're classier (they certainly aren't) but I'm a fan of crispy colors. :)

But of course, black is the classic, safe and conservative choice. Natural choice for the 40+ guys. :lol:

:whistling:... yellow submarine...yellow submarine...

3719_018_l.jpg

When, when, when ?

I agree 100% on both counts. The black and white color scheme will NEVER go out of style and will work in a variety of situations. The blue color of the Cousteau is all sporty.

The dial is actually navy blue... it photographs black... and depends on the lighting condition... The more i stare at it, the more i like it :D

Edited by kenmasters

I'd say both are good. I can't find a fault on either, apart from the lume.

ok, thanks,

i had read some reviews which noted that the sharpness of printing on the dials of some 3717's left something to be desired,

have to decide between the 3717, and the slevin now...the one i pick will get gen datewheels, servicing and AR, but it's hard to predict which one would be the better watch after it

I would have chosen the Cousteau orange, or the black/yellow version over this. Not because they're classier (they certainly aren't) but I'm a fan of crispy colors. :)

But of course, black is the classic, safe and conservative choice. Natural choice for the 40+ guys. :lol:

It's funny I've got the same exact opinion : yellow version over all.

The fact is that when i'm looking at my collection, I mostly see black... white... silver... black... white... silver...

except an orange monster and a few chrono Seiko from the 70', so when I saw that Cousteau 2007 coming,

I bought it right away, so it'll put some fresh sporty colors in my rep box!

and I like so much, it's probably my favorite.

I still hope that the yellow version on SS band will release one day.

...I'm over 40'... but i'm so young inside !! :wheelchair:

I like Your new babe as well Pug, easier to wear. I might get one if the Yellow never release.

Great writeup Pug... I've been reading the 26 page thread for quite a while now. As soon as I hear back from Pure Time I'll be looking to add another rep to my growing collection, in addition to the newest SFSO.

This hobby is way to addicting...

_Brian

On the inner bezel, do you line it up by leaving the ratchet in between clicks on the rotator? If you do, do all the minute markers line up and the hours are properly centered. Lastly how does the spread between the digits on the "10" and "15" on the inner rotating bezel compare with the gen. On the Cousteau they "cheated" by widening the numbers. These were all flaws on the Cousteau so I am curious.

Does anyone have answers to these questions? Thanks!

Yes, and Yes. The Dial and Inner Bezel look good on both counts when lined up. You can nitpick and say that the space between the digits (1 and 0 in 10 and 1 and 5 in 15 is a little wider) but really hard to tell without a side by side comparison with the genuine.

Genuine:

iwc3719genuinedialic7.jpg

Rep from Angus:

iwc3719aquatimerdiallm2.jpg

The day/date wheels are sometimes off like the 3717 were as evidenced by my shot. This can be corrected with the genuine ETA datwhheels and a Ziggy movement service.

Yes, and Yes. The Dial and Inner Bezel look good on both counts when lined up. You can nitpick and say that the space between the digits (1 and 0 in 10 and 1 and 5 in 15 is a little wider) but really hard to tell without a side by side comparison with the genuine.

Genuine:

iwc3719genuinedialic7.jpg

Rep from Angus:

iwc3719aquatimerdiallm2.jpg

The day/date wheels are sometimes off like the 3717 were as evidenced by my shot. This can be corrected with the genuine ETA datwhheels and a The Zigmeister movement service.

Good deal, Mr. Luddy. Thanks for the feedback. I guess this will have to be my next IWC, then. Looks like there are some minor (uncorrectable) dial flaws (similar to the 3717) as far as the boldness of the printing, most notably around the bezel ring. The inverted 5, 10, 15 are thinner in proportion than the rest of the numbers, and the other numbers are too bold compared to the gen. All the numbers around the ring (the inverted ones and the directly printed ones) should be the same. And if you're being really picky, then IWC is a little too bold and SCHAFFHAUSEN is probably a bit too large. In any event, here's to a hoping a steel bracelet becomes available!!