When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show your fav black strapped PAM

scoobs1971

Good stuff, delta... I honestly think every black dial PAM looks good on a black strap. The question really is... what kind of black strap? Croc, alligator, calf, carbon fiber, etc. Currently I'm wearing my 063 on a tumbled black calf with white stitch custom made by Tootall. I love the combo. Sorry, no pics at the moment.

Personally, for everyday wear, I prefer my PAMs on brown/tan straps. That said, they (as a brand) do look awesome on black straps. I think black straps certainly look more formal than brown/tan straps. Last saturday, when I wore my 127 on a borrowed black strap, despite it's size, it looked really smart (I wish I'd had time to take wrist shots) and went great with my outfit. When I see the PAMs on black straps, I think of the catalogue shots on the official website :)

What a day for eyecandy on RWG! Great shots guys. I'd like to single out Ewing's unusual stitchless strap. :tu:

Black is my least favourite strap colour. But here are a few of mine!

OEM Rubber Diver:

pam112oemrubberdiverpiedn8.jpg

Camille Fournet Beaver Tail:

pam112keirabeavertailoy2.jpg

camillefournetbeavertaiwj8.jpg

OEM Black calf:

pam112oemtiffanylvpv4.jpg

oemblackcalflongvg4.jpg

Timeconnection.biz custom-made glossy bony croc (from member, Rolli):

298012-629.jpg

Toscana Sienna Carbon Fibre:

carbonsidebb5.jpg

longtailcarbonur6.jpg

I know you only do 44mm PAMs, Scoobs, but here's a very nice shot of a rare ostrich leg from APB, on the Fidster:

fiddyostrichabpgr8.jpg

ostrichlegabpse0.jpg

This weekend, I am presenting a new black strap in the Wristchecks. :wub:

Thnx guys! Great to see all them black beauties :)

@bazonkers: may the force be with you...;)

@Vic: that carbon fibre looks great. Would love to see some more pics!

@deltahoe: that's a gen right? Wow! Or did you manage to source some gen hands?

@dluddy: I wonder how that kevlar strap would look on a 111 or 164.....

@deltahoe: that's a gen right? Wow! Or did you manage to source some gen hands?

thanks for the compliment scoobs :blush:

it's actually a modded rep. originally from EL, with ziggy superlumed dial, chieftang cyclops and finepics datewheel...i got it as part of EL's 10 days of deals last Christmas; maybe EL included genuine hands as a special Christmas present :g:

deltatahoe

That's a classic! I have been thinking about this model, but the notious stripped crown scares me away. Have you had any problems?

I have the 183, but was only able to wear it once due to the stripped lug (TWP very kindly is modding one for me). It also has the stripped crown, but he's taking care of that too.

I would suggest not getting a 183, with regret, due to this common problem. :(

And what strap is that?

It's beautiful. Looks like an elephant though, and I'm sure it couldn't be.

@Scoobs below: Coincidentally, after posting this what do I find but a Demonslayer thread where HighflyingClive tut-tuts any idea of not owning a 183. However, I knew what he had said previously about being gentle with the crown, etc. and it still happened.

Damn shame. If I ever get a gen Radiomir, it would be the 183 in a heart-beat.

I have the 183, but was only able to wear it once due to the stripped lug (TWP very kindly is modding one for me). It also has the stripped crown, but he's taking care of that too.

I would suggest not getting a 183, with regret, due to this common problem. :(

Hmmm, I was already afraid of that.... :( I still think this is one of the best 'dressy' PAM combos.

I'm now wearing a black croq on the 164, but I don't know... it looks way better with the TWB honey tan.....

if you like the 183 and are looking for a dressy pam, my suggestion would as follows:

i) get a 183 w/ the new asian swan neck movement,

ii) at the same time order a replacement crown & tube from davidsen

iii) send everything to ziggy for relume, crown/tube replacement and cannon pin fix

iv) pair with black alligator watch boys strap

now you've got yourself a 99% 183 rep (with the most obvious remaining flaw being the shape of the lugs) :victory:

here's my 183 (now that i look at this picture again, i believe it is pre-mods outlined above)....

dsc00159jm8.jpg

deltatahoe