When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So why does RWG?

zmankillian

Having dived into this rep thing head first (8 Rollie's and shhh another make also so far), I've seriously considered becoming a supporter of this site. But one thing really bothers me. Why is a site like Exactreplicas.com permitted to advertise here when there are posts generally acknowledging that it is a scam site? It can't be just about the money. The owners and other supporters of the site shouldn't allow substandard companies to support the site. It gives the appearance that those companies are ok to do business with.

I'm sure more knowledgable people will chime in, but my understanding is that "GoogleAds" controls the advertising associated with the banners of this site. If you're referring to the companies you see as promotions of that nature, RWG is not responsible or associated with those vendors. Admittedly, I wonder whether if it isn't possible for the admins to contact GoogleAds or report some of these questionable advertisements...my limited understanding is that they'll restrict the advertising to other associated sites.

No Mezz what we do in these cases is that members report them to Admin and he will put their URL on our banned list.

Exactly...

Just shoot Admin a PM and POOF...

They're gone...

:D

Double T

PS: It would be really nice to one day get to a point where we had enough "Supporters" to just dump the Google Ads all together... ;)

haha thats not a good thing, but i assure you Zman that replica site isnt a supporter of this site nor a trusted site to buy from. As mezz said, those ads are just random. It would be nice to block any banner ads for other companies. Also as soon as you upgrade to VIP, then you get to use the RWG VIP skin and all the banner ads on your computer vanish so you dont have to see them. Just one more advantage of being a member here. AND (it just keeps getting better) once you become a supporter, you get access to the collectors area and you can see all the trusted collectors and websites that are proven to be legit. I wouldnt buy from any website not listed on one of these replica forums.

dizz

Kenberg, mezzanine, and l-dizzle,

Many thanks for your replies and explanations. I just made the payment to join RWG!

You'll find the quality of help pretty consistent here...the Admin's do a great job...and when you consider how much it costs to run this place...SCARY...the admin team put into this board a HUGE amount of sweat equity and hard currency!!

You've put money well spent.