When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scam list (originally from FM)

dax

And what happens when noobs (or anyone for that matter) has an issue with an "approved dealer"? People basically tell them to sit down, shut the frak up, and that *insert name of dealer here* will make it right. Not really much comfort to the person with the issue, especially if the issue is one which points to a pattern of behaviour, which others turn a blind eye to (or have in the past) As has been mentioned before, just because someone is not "approved", that does not automatically mean they are a scammer, and, equally, just because someone is on the "approved list", that does not mean that they are above question, should a reasonable and legitimate issue be raised.

No, but seriously, we need a list of approved vendors. I Almost cried when I saw myswissreplicas.com and swissqualitywatchez.com in there cuz I honestly thought those were truly excellent sites and planned on buying a few from them.

• 4 months later...
No, but seriously, we need a list of approved vendors. I Almost cried when I saw myswissreplicas.com and swissqualitywatchez.com in there cuz I honestly thought those were truly excellent sites and planned on buying a few from them.

I'm sorry I missed your reply before now, I wasn't deliberately ignoring you, I just didn't see the comment.

As I mentioned before, I bought from EuroFakes and have no issue with that. Hey, had I known then that I could have got the same thing for cheaper, then sure, I'd've gone for the cheaper option, but, as I said before, EuroFakes did not scam me. Rip me off, maybe, but not scam me. I received the watch I paid for within the promised timeframe, ergo, I was not scammed. People get ripped off everyday buying brandname goods from stores, but they don't complain about it :lol:

With regards needing a list of approved dealers, I don't think we 'need' a list as such, but it is certainly useful to have. However, as previously mentioned, when dealers who are on this list are caught behaving in less than honest ways, for the most part, it is overlooked and tolerated, and that is harmful to the n00bs who rely on forum information for making their first purchases. I often get PMs asking who I get my watches from, and every time, I tell them, and it's not someone on this forum's trusted dealer list. I've also had PMs asking if a particular dealer is good to buy from, and, while I haven't told the person "No, don't buy from them," I have told them to search out the reviews on said dealer, which showed disturbing issues, and left the decision up to them.

As I've said before, just because someone is not on the 'approved list', it does not mean they are a scammer. Likewise, just because someone is on the approved list, it does not mean that they are 100% reliable.

Been B*tchin a bit about Josh recently. But looking at this list i am thinking that maybe I should count myself very lucky to have found this site and a dealer that is not going to blatantly rip me off. There must be thousands of people out there that have paid good money for nothing. I am still p*ssed about the fact I still dont have my watch yet and will be waiting at least another 6 weeks for it, and the worst, risking customs getting my watch when I returned it. but I suppose it could have been much worse.

Thanks rwg.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks.. my first post so please dont kill me.

I was looking at the list, saw bluefakes and all scammers. good work. I was about to buy from zenithmotors or bluefakes. But thought should do some research and found lots of complaints from ppl on web and also found rwg during the research.

I have been using thewatchery.com though. A couple of orders in last couple of months. Ordered citizen eco drives. All watches excellent quality, and very good prices (citizen EW0172 and BM6254). They dont carry Rolex watches and the ones I oredered were not very expensive either. The service and quality was good from thewatchery.com (for the two orders I had).

I was planning to order a RADO from them. Thank god i didnt. Now I am scared to order from them in future.

If anybody had bad experience with them, or can direct me/provide link to the problems ppl had, I will highly appreciate that.

The first time I heard of them was from slickdeals.net (a deals site). Ppl at slickdeals.net are not very tolerant of scams. So I though it was not a scam.

Hi folks.. my first post so please dont kill me.

I was looking at the list, saw bluefakes and all scammers. good work. I was about to buy from zenithmotors or bluefakes. But thought should do some research and found lots of complaints from ppl on web and also found rwg during the research.

I have been using thewatchery.com though. A couple of orders in last couple of months. Ordered citizen eco drives. All watches excellent quality, and very good prices (citizen EW0172 and BM6254). They dont carry Rolex watches and the ones I oredered were not very expensive either. The service and quality was good from thewatchery.com (for the two orders I had).

I was planning to order a RADO from them. Thank god i didnt. Now I am scared to order from them in future.

If anybody had bad experience with them, or can direct me/provide link to the problems ppl had, I will highly appreciate that.

The first time I heard of them was from slickdeals.net (a deals site). Ppl at slickdeals.net are not very tolerant of scams. So I though it was not a scam.

It appears that thewatchery.com does not sell replica watches at all. They sell gens. So, in my opinion, they should not even be on this list. Perhaps someone paid big bucks for one of their gens and recieved a replica....I dont know. Some of the sites on the list make me wonder how it was determined that they were scamming anyone. One of the sites is written entirely in Chinese and no pictures or links to watches is shown....just a bunch of bags and clothes.

Rather than scrolling through a long list of scam dealers, a better alternative would be to buy only from the dealers that market themselves on this forum.....OUR TRUSTED DEALERS....and avoid all others. I know that people want to do their own shopping and research and find their own little resource for watches, but in this hobby its not worth the effort and takes a big risk. The dealers around here are proven trustworthy for a reason....a lenghty history of satisfied transactions and attentive customer service.

rwg.cc is a place haunted by scammers!! Read, read & read: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=9413 !!

There is a forum that is 'totally' geared towards in house dealer sales but this is not it.

If people want to say that someone who advertizes the watch with movement A and ships watch with movement B are scammers, then you have no choice but to call Josh and Andrew and any one else guilty of this as scammers, as they have done it before.

I'm sure this will bring on a flaming but I would agree with that statement regarding any dealer.

perhaps someone paid big bucks for one of their gens and recieved a replica....I dont know.

That is what happened.

I know that people want to do their own shopping and research and find their own little resource for watches, but in this hobby its not worth the effort and takes a big risk.

To quote chronoluvw 'Tru Dat'. As I have said many times 'The Watch Experts here are known to be trustworthy. So with all the scammers out there why take a chance? Just my .02'.

just because someone is on the "approved list", that does not mean that they are above question, should a reasonable and legitimate issue be raised.

+100

Some of the sites on the list make me wonder how it was determined that they were scamming anyone.

It was determined through the feedback of other members and my personally having bought from almost all of them.

One of the sites is written entirely in Chinese and no pictures or links to watches is shown....just a bunch of bags and clothes.

There are scammers who sell clothing too not just watches. Also you have to remember that this posting was not made by me and this version of the list is over a year old. It has grown AND changed dramatically in just the last six months. Dealers have been added, some have changed their ways and been removed. And even more links between sites have been made. I offered to put the list here but there was no interest. And since I can't now if you want to see the actual list then you can click the link in my sig where the up to date version is posted.

• 2 months later...

i have bought a patek skeleton from theonewatch.com and the product, service and price was excellent i paid via paypal so there is no risk of a card clone there communications are superb, i have delt with Helen and also Steve and they both responed promptly. I have also ordered a rolex sub 50th with an eta movement and original boxs and certs i will let you know how i get on again and to see if there really is an eta within.

I'm not sure if it is the same dealer, but, my VCO was from a dealer called replica2u, on LoudFrog. Absolutely zero communication, but, the goods still arrived within the accepted time-frame. Very nice watch too, exactly the same case as is sold by the Cartel, but with an Asian movement, so about half the price. Really nice watch, I just never really 'bonded' with it, so passed it on. If anyone has any questions about the watch, it'd be best to ask them to Victoria. The watch has been in her possession now much longer than it was in mine.

32ee3cb4.jpg

As for EuroFakes, I bought my Submariner from them (before finding these forums). They might have pulled my pants down over the price, but, they did send me a watch. Within 3-4 days. Scammers don't sent out anything. Ever. Indeed, no point in paying extra money unnecessarily for something when the same thing is available for cheaper, but, if someone chooses to pay the extra, that's up to them.

Submariner-1.jpg

Look at WatchMark's sales of HBBs. If I recall, they're considerably cheaper than the Cartel offerings. Does that then mean that the Cartel were pulling people's pants down on their prices of the HBBs? ( ;):lol: )

I wonder, just how many of these 'scam sites' people have actually purchassed from, or if they've just been called scam sites, and no one's ever bought from them because someone called them a scam site... Without feedback for each and every one of those sites (some listed several times) Such a list is little more than a lot of copy/paste propoganda. Now, I'm not suggesting that people should risk their money on sites which have been proven to be scam sites, and yes, prices might well be better with forum dealers, so why spend extra money unnecessarily, but, at the end of the day, people really need to get out of the mentality of thinking that just because someone isn't a 'recommended dealer', that doesn't automatically mean they are a scammer ;)

[/quote Scamers send out watches all the time. Problem is that they send out Caa Caa. If they last you a month your lucky. Most times DOA. $10.00 flea market jobs, junk. Yes it's true that a lot of folks end up with nothing at all. :) Mike

Man you just never know in this business/hobby. :g: I just visited Aoobuy.com and my virus warning shield came on. The reason I was courious about this site is Fakemaster had given someone connected with it a good review. Im not 100% sure but it had something to do with FMs purchase of a Pam. To his credit he took him/her off the list but would not recomend him/her per say. . Not in the traditional sense of a recomendation. Good thing, because man you just never know in this business. :mellow: Mike

• 3 months later...

I am surprised to find Aoobuy on this list.

I have only seen positive comments on the various fora, and I have just received a Breitling SOSF from him. Easy transaction, watch really nice. And price (the total price landed in the UK) beats anything I have seen elsewhere.

If there was a virus problem it seems to have been resolved.

And such issues can hit even very well known companies ( I seem to recall that the Financial Times had a problem some months ago....)

So from me a recommendation.

Edited by mbjoer

• 1 year later...

I have worked several times with Replicaexpert.us without any problem. I've got what I bought.

I have no reason at all to think about them as scammers.

Who has make this list?

By the way, I agree with somebody who has said that a short list of truthful, good retailers is more useful than this long list.