When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who wants Watches from Japan?

ajoesmith

Im going back to Japan in Feb 2008 for 3 weeks holiday, I used to live there for 4 years and the Mrs is Japanese.

Im going to buy myself a Seiko Spirit and a Seiko Samurai. These 2 watches are for the Japanese market only, Im sure some members know this already.

Anyway, Id be more tha happy to get seiko watches for members if they want, or any other japanese watches that you want.

As for shipping ill send from Japan with a low value marked for cyustoms etc. Watches will be posted alone with NO box or papers. The box and all relevant papers/documents will be posted separately.

If there is any interest please PM me

Thanks

UPDATE 27th Jan 2008

Ill be going to Japan in 10 days time and will need to know who, if anyone, wants a seiko samurai or seiko spirit o any other seiko or other watch.

Please PM me and we can arrange it

Cheers

Nice watches... for those that don't know think classic 37mm for the Spirit and big 42mm diver for the Samurai... both are nice 23J movements, but the weirdly reversed thing is the Samurai (diver) doesn't hack, but the Spirit (dress watch) does. The Samurai also doesn't wind manually.

I might be interested in picking up one or two ...

I have a Seiko Black Monster on bracelet that I picked up from a guy locally last year. I paid $50 to use it as a beater, but it actually gets quite a few compliments. I'd also hear that the movement may not be that accurate, but mine was within 30 seconds after a week's time. I highly recommend them. The Samurai is sweet.

Hey, you just happened to mention two Seiko's that I have in my collection, so I told everyone a little about them... and yeah, I've been thinking about picking up a couple more for gifts... for those who've commented on them.

I've been thinking on what I would like to add to my collection from Japan as well... but that question gets harder almost every day... really depends on how caught up I can get before you take off...

Maybe a Seiko Prospex or Orient Star diver....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lots of the watches arnt o the website but when i go to Japan on the 5th Feb ill check and let you know

I was just about to post "What did you bring back from Japan, Ajoesmith" inquiring about the Seikos. :)

Ajoesmith, you must be in Japan now, but can't wait to see what watches you'll bring back!