When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two wonderful books arrived at my door.

RWG Technical

Well I haven't seen my other half since the Tequilla arrived about a week ago, I know she's around somewhere, but I can't seem to find her, or the bottle of Tequilla :)

Today I received two amazing books from the members of RWG, one very large one (and heavy I might add) and a smaller version designed to be looked at each day during the year.

The books are "Earth from above" and "Earth from above: 366 days", and each one is an amazing collection of photo's as well as very informative information on our planet.

I only glanced at them, there is so much information that I will be kept busy for weeks reading and browsing the pages.

This is right up my alley and the type of books I like to read and look at in my leisure time.

Thank you so much members of RWG, it's really appreciated.

RG

It sounds as though that tequila is dangerous! I think you might have to keep that bottle on lockdown or else you might have to tie a string to it so that you can find it in a hurry at all times.. :lol:

When I heard about the books being discussed, the one that was decided on sounded so intriguing to me that I may end up picking it up at some point myself! It's a testament to your impact on the community, as well as the community itself, how quickly and naturally the thank-you gesture came together...

No matter whether you post or not in the future, we're all very grateful for what you've done. I doubt there are many other venues where someone with your knowledge could have educated so many enthusiasts...the rep hobby is interesting exactly because of the empirical experimentation that is required. There's a different level of creativity involved in working on these reps. That diversity of experience has resulted in a watchsmith with a very unique skill set. I don't think there's anyone in the world with The Zigmeister's ability to do vintage lume, and perhaps lume in general. Doing a hundred or so vintage rolex dials will do that for you, I guess. :p

There is a group of people all around the world (quite possibly the rep movement makers, most importantly) that have been turned on to mechanical watches under the tutelage of the legendary The Zigmeister, and that's the ultimate reward. You've been the litmus test, the only one with the knowledge to be able to reveal what's happening inside our watches...and in a sometimes shady rep universe, that is invaluable.