When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Russian Bear vs Leopard Daytona

freddy333

wow haha

its hard to believe they actually produce this watch lol

If nothing else, Rolex are brilliant marketers & they certainly would not make these watches if no one was buying them.

Not my cup of tea either. But then I do not get the attraction of Vegas, 'iced' jewelry, yellow gold and other fashionable displays of obviousness. So what do I know?

A friend sent this pic & I thought some of you might get a chuckle out of it (the billboard advertisement is real)

143425553_9486695387_b.jpg

YES!!

I think that's covering GUM department store in Red Square, near the Lenin Mausoleum. :tu:

I haven't been this happy about the transfiguration of Russia into a maniacally tacky consumerist mecca since seeing this photo:

gorbachev1.jpg

Hope they have Narikaa's number (& Bergie's).

mmmmmmmmmm

Rolex Flagship Model

gaytona.JPG

:lol:

That's my favourite photo, Narikaa. Actually, serious question -- what is the rep watch activity like in Russia these days? Mostly Rolexes?

I know Shura sometimes reads these threads, and he might know, but do any of you collectors sell a lot of reps to those in Russia?

I'm guessing that the people who have the money to afford these kinds of Gaytonas know the difference between a real one, and a fake one. And in a place where money is GUSHING, maybe being a poseur is bad news (and dangerous).

One of the most exclusive (read: only) jewelry stores in the capital of canada, and only one of two in the city to carry Rolex, has a giant mural of this horological catastrophe hanging on the wall, right outside the store, beside the front entrance, that customers just can't miss.

Nothing gets the rednecks excited in the whole shopping mall (except maybe the pickup truck accessory store) like that poster though... my goodness.. more pointing and "hootin' n' hollerin'" than a monster-truck show!

• 2 weeks later...