When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do any of our "collectors" offer discounts to us?

predfan2001

Be it good or bad, they sure get alot of press here. If they do their job (no drop shipping, QC and good customer service) it is all positive and their sales show it. I was wondering if any of the collectors are appreciative enough to offer RWG discounts?

As an example, I'm sure Silix sold quite a few "no cg" Subs from all of the whooplah generated here. I'm also sure many SSDs were sold via comments here. Is there a chance any of our collectors would be willing to offer a discount to members?

Not always the case. Brand9ave is one of my favs no matter what people say. At least they conceal the item, a better chance of customs passage. They've treated me better than most "collectors" here. Here lately I've bought several from Silix and have no complaints but never any problems so I can't comment on their customer service. I just bought one from PerfectClones and the communication is great....I'll report later on the product.

Edited by predfan2001

Not always the case. Brand9ave is one of my favs no matter what people say. At least they conceal the item, a better chance of customs passage.

NOTHING can be concealed from an X-ray machine.

All parcels and packages into Australia are x-rayed.

All passenger baggage coming in to airports is x-rayed

Consider it a concession if any watch gets through.

Usually all goods into Australia,for personnel use, under A$1000, are exempt

from taxes and GST.

I'm quite sure that some members do get slightly discounted prices, but it wouldn't be gentlemanly to discuss it.

I at first thought that's what Predfan was asking, too.

But isn't he saying something like a forum discount? Andrew has a Repgeek discount (a Chopard Mille Miglia, I believe). I'm sure other dealers do too.

Since neither Andrew nor Joshua, e.g., place the RWG icon on their list of sites which recommend/endorse them, perhaps there are some administrative guidelines that prevent that for RWG?

If the question really is about individual discounts, I think that's about a person's chemistry and amount of purchases with a given a collector.

@Pugwash below: Three words. Little White Lies. :bleh:

Congrats on the 10K Pug, remarkable.

Here's a relevant question, I think - how many of you e-mail the dealers with webstores directly instead of purchasing thru the store? That is, politely asking for a friendly discount?

Just curious, I have not bought a watch from our collectors for a long time, never used the webshops they've set up. Last time I bought a watch from Joshua, over 6 months ago I e-mailed him directly. I wonder if now he will direct me to purchase from his webshop.

I have never used the web stores, i prefer email directly. Discount i think is some thing that the person would warrent, the sites that endorse dealers could have a hidden agenda or it may be that the mods or admins get a good discount ect, that is why RWG is the best, you have to be fair! Personaly if i was a dealer i would be sending every new watch to Bytor for him to review, but we know that is not the case as we wait months for a new review by him like with the aqua racer.

One way of looking at it is the way i look at news papers (page 3 first) some papers are biased to one political party or another, the views are biased what you read, if there was a paper that was not in any way biased then i might read it. As it is i live here!

One way of looking at it is the way i look at news papers (page 3 first) some papers are biased to one political party or another, the views are biased what you read, if there was a paper that was not in any way biased then i might read it. As it is i live here!

Over here it would usually be case of having a pair of juggs stare at you on Page 3 or maybe it's the type of papers I read?

Edited by The Mentalist