When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Married...

TeeJay

So Emily and I were talking about the partnerships, marriages, extended engagements, common-law habitations etc of her co-workers last night, and we wondered if it would be worth simply getting married, rather than delaying things for financial reasons, and just have a reception in the future. I recalled that people could be ordained online, and perform marriages, so I wondered if people could get married online...

A quick google search revealed a site offering such facility :lol:

All that was required, was that we fill in our names, and email addresses, and then, akin to the classic 'cutting the cake pictures', we clicked on the "I do" button :lol:

Okay, so the site does state that it is not legally binding, but, we did receive a very nice 'marriage blessing' via email, so until we can afford a nice 'proper' wedding, a virtual one shall suffice ^_^

[Edit for spelling]

Edited by TeeJay

Man, Is there anything you *CAN'T* do on the intertubes?

Congrats Mate. Don't let people try to talk you out of the "real" deal when it comes time... if you've got the right partner, best decision you could ever make.

And if you missed it above... congrats!

Man, Is there anything you *CAN'T* do on the intertubes?

Congrats Mate. Don't let people try to talk you out of the "real" deal when it comes time... if you've got the right partner, best decision you could ever make.

And if you missed it above... congrats!

I think the interwebs make pretty much anything possible :lol:

There'll definitely be a 'real' wedding at some point, but, this is certainly good enough for now. The email we received was very nice :)

Thanks again :)

What's the plumbing like at your place?

Please check in regularly.

We have running water and an indoor toilet :yeah:B)

so you can virtually get married...what about divorcing? :lol:

Well, this is from the blessing email:

Via this email, we pronounce you husband and wife. Regardless of your race, language or faith, from this day forward, you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. You will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. There will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. From this day, you are two persons, with only one life before you. Your hopes and dreams are now intermingled, and you will strive for harmony through compromise and forgiveness.

May beauty surround both of you in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be full of tenderness, commitment and understanding.

Congratulations and thank you for registering your marriage with us. Although this email document has no legal significance, we hope you will treat it with respect, print it out, and hang it in an honored place at home.

Please note that this marriage is indissoluble and regardless of the direction your relationship takes after this day, this marriage will be a permanent record of your life's most romantic moment, beautifully engraved in history. In other words, there is no such thing as divorce at iROM.org, and your commitment is forever.

Probably because it's not legally binding, so no need to be dissoluble. That said, the Islamic procedings for divorce should still work, not that that's part of the plan :lol:

Give me a shout if you need a minister. I've been an ordained minister for about a decade now.

That'd be awesome, thanks for the offer :) We were only ever planning a civil ceremony, so indeed, that would be perfect :) Of course, any 'real world' weddings won't be for a year or so, but the offer is much appreciated :)

Gutted. I had pinned all my hopes on you.

:lol:

Just kidding, darling. My God, what a stunning thing this is -- married (who cares how/why/when).

CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you and Emily blessings for a serene future together!! :)

Hee hee :lol: Thanks again :)

Congratulations...That's fantastic :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It'd probably be appropriate if you go ahead and consummate you nuptials with a webcam :winkiss:

I think that'd have to be 'pay per view' only ;) We were in the same place when we filled out the form, indeed, we each had a hand on the mouse, ala "cutting the cake-style" to click "I do" ;) In all fairness, although it was an 'online marriage', it was not one of long distance, but most convenient and cheap (read 'free' :lol: ) method, rather than necessity through seperation ;)

Edited by TeeJay

Congratulations Tee!

The wife and I got married this past June. We had 600 people at the shin-dig...and I would have rather done the Online thing. ha ha ha!

Regardless...marriage is cool. Best of everything for you two!!!!

Next comes the online virtual kids. :o:lol::p

Congratulations Tee!

The wife and I got married this past June. We had 600 people at the shin-dig...and I would have rather done the Online thing. ha ha ha!

Regardless...marriage is cool. Best of everything for you two!!!!

Next comes the online virtual kids. :o:lol::p

Thanks, and congratulations to you too :)

Who needs kids, we have guinea pigs ;)

Congrats Congrats Congrats! Wishing the two of you all the best for this new chapter in life! And here's a 'virtual' CHEERS!!

Thanks, it's much appreciated :)

Congratulations Teejay, I hope you and Emily have many happy years together.

Thanks again, my friend :)

congrats to you and Emily TJ, we do weddingphotography all over Europe so just give a shout bro...;)

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind for when the time comes :)