When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster / Date.. arrived 1/7/08

lanikai

The Omega Speedmaster Date has arrived.

1. white dial with black sub dials

2. 07 color release ... black dial with white sub dials

3. Laquer White and Red Vintage Logo Omega

post-2172-1199754618_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199754713_thumb.jpg domed crystal

post-2172-1199754743_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199754832_thumb.jpg different shots of dials to show concentric ring differences.. inner rings check out ..

post-2172-1199756503_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199756530_thumb.jpg for more detail

post-2172-1199754897_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199754963_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199755052_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199756317_thumb.jpg for a little more detail in the rings

post-2172-1199755130_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199755181_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199755207_thumb.jpg Edit: I stated earlier that the font on the subs were incorrect.. this is not so.. the sub dial font is very accurate.. this was replicated from the genuine timepiece... sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused

post-2172-1199756826_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199755989_thumb.jpg

serial numbers on underside of lug .. numbers on the underside of bracelet

post-2172-1199755672_thumb.jpg post-2172-1199755712_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199755712_thumb.jpg comparison in size with PO..

the inner rings on the sub dials seem more noticable on the Vintage Red.. then the white and finally the black is not really noticed. .. so if your into the "rings" as a visual.. then take notice of the difference when the light bounces off the dial..meaning the difference in the definition in the subs and dial itself due to the color and the rings

the date font is smaller than the genuine but the black with white numerals appears to "look" thicker on some numerals

crystal is single AR...

being used to screw down crowns it was a bit tedious to pull out the crown..

We'll see what type of power reserve this timepiece has.. but i would say. it definately needs a trip to ziggy.. i wonder if Ofrei has the genuine dils for this model?/ lordrasta.. if you see this can u comment??.... definately needs the genuine crown ..

the speedmaster date may not have the appeal of some other Omega chrono's .. but I'll take accuracy to a chrono with dead subs... IMHO..

One of the Omrega pro's will do this better.. this is just a preview and pics of the different dials for you all

there is the silver and black dials remaining

thanks,

lanikai

for a 40 mm watch it has very good weight.. I would have to say the Panda dials are looking really good .. the all silver must be awesome...

post-2172-1199755569_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199755636_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199755920_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199756057_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199756075_thumb.jpg

This post violates the forum order of operations.

1. Take pics

2. Upload pics

3. Then post thread!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no pics for U.. :lol:

hey man .. i am skipping my lunch.. and that's not a good thing,.. to do this.. you burn a lot of energy being patient actually

and i am doing this naturally.. no performance enhancing chemicals..

Can't wait!! Get those pictures up brotha..You get the package and crystal today?

time out..... Yes munching on the apples rings.. sooo good almost dipped into your Kona Coffee... NOT ... thank you so much.. UB

going to post pics of the crystal soon.. but BCE championship is today so if I cannot get this doene before then.. well game first :lol:

Wow very nice man!! The silver with black subdials is my favorite, I think I might just have to get 1 :D Overall i'd say these speedmasters are very accurate..I think you can get the ETA dw from cousins or watchpart and it would be perfect, but the current date font is pretty good..Wear them in the best of health!

Looks like I'll be picking up a few of these this year! And with a short trip to my friendly, neighborhood optical engineer for some doube-sided AR...Ooooooo....Can't wait! :bounce:

Thanks for your write-up and the photos!!!

should these be d-ar or is that just a personal choice?.. it would look awesome but the specs on the genuine call for just anti-reflective coat... is the genuine doubled?? it would definately change the overall look

too tired to do any detail stuff.. and there are far more members qualified to go into detail.. but thanks for the acknowledgement DD

Grate pics lanikai.The black dial with silver subdials is a drop dead gorgeous. :wub:

I believe the black dial/silver subs wa the 07 new colour release.. soon to be on another repicated watch. :D

@kenmasters.. no doubt, the colours are incredibly accurate.. just wish they got the font on the vintage dial correct.. but man cannot have everything..but still fun to try.. :lol:

Great stuff! Thanks for the pictures ^_^

How about the date font? The black/white date wheels, do they differ? How are the "1"s? Are they still using the same poor Asian date wheels, with bad font?

Cheers! :D

the genuine font is just a bit thicker... i think Lello can do a better job with the DW if we had at least 15 orders (i believe) .. I think i'll email and ask.. just out of curiosity.. :D .. if the eta DW is spot on then no need to bother ... what do U think?

the genuine font is just a bit thicker... i think Lello can do a better job with the DW if we had at least 15 orders (i believe) .. I think i'll email and ask.. just out of curiosity.. :D .. if the eta DW is spot on then no need to bother ... what do U think?

I think the gen uses an ETA DW. Does the rep DW have the little tick on the top of all the "1"s, or only on the date "1" and "11"?

it is common for rep DW's to have all the "1"s ticked at the top, when the ETA versions do not....

Cheers! ^_^

I think the gen uses an ETA DW. Does the rep DW have the little tick on the top of all the "1"s, or only on the date "1" and "11"?

it is common for rep DW's to have all the "1"s ticked at the top, when the ETA versions do not....

Cheers! ^_^

the ticks are on all the "1"s... not just the 1 and 11.... so i guess the ETA DW it is then :)

@lanikai: Are you sure the subdial font is incorrect on the black dial / red subdial version?

It uses different subdial font from the other versions, and when I compare it to this factory photo, it looks quite accurate to me. Very good actually. Or perhaps I'm missing something?

3210.52.jpg