When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Favorite Lemania/Seagull Movement Watch

brep

Every time I see a watch with the Lemania movement, I smile. I think I may need to add one to my collection. My understanding is that they are very dependable, and of course, great to look at. What is your favorite watch containing one of these movements? Just thought we could get a little chat going on this topic...

Thanks,

-B

Edited by brep

firstly, lets identify it correctly as a Seagull movement (not Lemania). Unfortunately because this is the default movement for any manual wind chronograph that is replicated, the watches that it goes in do not tend to be that accurate. The Speedmasters are a good example of this, as the subdial spacing is way off, as is the function. I love it in my Pam 192, but again subdial spacing is way off. In other reps like the Broad Arrow, it lacks a date function.

But I will say that the 192 is probably one of the best Seagull examples there is. At least the function of the subdials is accurate. Unfortunately the beautiful movement is hidden by a titanium caseback, but still a lovely watch!

REP

IMG_3485.jpg

GEN

main.php.jpg

Thanks for the clarification re: Seagull (I have fixed the topic header). I also agree on the Moonwatch, but have read enough to believe the current version is nowhere as accurate as the previous.

I do like the PAM - but requisite is that you have to be able to see the movement ;-)

Keep 'em coming...

-B

Edited by brep

Great topic idea!! Love the Seagull movement for two reasons: reliability and appearance.

In answer to the question the: 1) older Moonwatch, 2) the Pam 192 and 3) Breilting Chrono-matic. Why? The Pam 192 is great and the display back is nice but the case back and etching on the Moonwatch is fantastic, really adds to the overall feel of quality of the watch. The black dial version of the Chronomatic is dissapointing but the white dial version is nice, although both lack the date function.

I own all of the above watches and I keep my eye open for watches with the Seagull (Lemania) movement as the movement has never given me a moment of trouble unlike the 7750, did you say Asian!!

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

Doing a little research on watches with the movement.

Does anyone know much about this watch?

VC0009.JPG

I found this info site that has a picture of a similar watch:

hXXp://www.antiquorum.com/html/vox/vox2004/vacheron.htm

Anyway...

-B

But I will say that the 192 is probably one of the best Seagull examples there is. At least the function of the subdials is accurate. Unfortunately the beautiful movement is hidden by a titanium caseback, but still a lovely watch!

Here's my solution:

IMG_5579.jpg

Took the display back off my relatively ugly 036, and put it on my "191.5"

Every time I see a watch with the Lemania movement, I smile. I think I may need to add one to my collection. My understanding is that they are very dependable, and of course, great to look at. What is your favorite watch containing one of these movements? Just thought we could get a little chat going on this topic...

Thanks,

-B

PAM 204 Wempe -- Beautiful!

P204SW01_6.JPG

P204SW01_2.JPG

I have a wakness for seagull Venus copy watches too and can't bring myself to sell any of my 5 (Patek 5090, Lange 1815, Pam 163, Muller chorono) even though they're all so inaccurate I never wear them.

BTW, isn't there a 40mm PAM powered by the venus 175? That'd be a cool rep since theoretically the subdial sapcing would be dead on.