When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine 3717 ?

HauteHippie

Being sold as genuine on timezone:

3717.jpg

The numbers look too fat, like on my rep, for one thing. The "5" being most obvious when comparing to this gen:

IWC-3717-01.jpg

I do detect a very light blue in the light reflections off the crystal, though... But I can't know what kind of color manipulation was done to the image. The white balance is definitely off - the whole image has a slight orange cast.

What say the IWC gurus? If this one is a gen, then I am much more pleased with my rep 3717 dial!

i don't know man.. it looks like the one in my local IWC AD.. people are saying stuff about fat numbering markers and "golden" pinions.. but trust me.. the one they sell in my local IWC AD has brown pinions and also fat numbers.. i think there is always variation even in the gens.. so you can't really pick on these!! it's really hard to pick on the 3717 without looking at the bracelet really.. as to hour markers.. i've also seen gens with the thick 3,6,9,12 markers.. but offcourse in the gen it is much smoother (better lume application) and also gen uses superlume!!!

another one is the double ar vs single ar.. but obviously it's an easy fix these days

and the third is the datewheel.. i know the ETA datewheel is close to the gen.. but in the gen the fonts are much thicker than the stock ETA font :D.. but then again check out IWC's stock pics.. the datefont is ETA datefont.. so you can't really be so sure

I'm not so sure about that all reps have brass (or brown) pinions.

I think that there are different types on the market.

The pinions on my 3717 are looking quite silver.

wallpaper_01_rep.jpg

In comparison to slai's pinions they're really bright.

3717WED.jpg

Edited by Merlin

• 1 month later...