When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I want an IWC Portuguese Chrono

Orion1632

yes I know that the Asian 7750 with the sub seconds at 6 o'clock is flawed, I have read this excellent report on them:

http://www.replicawatchreport.com/articles...e-eta-7750.html

But I love the way the IWC Port Chrono looks but I don't want to shell out the $$ for a real one. If needs be I'll freeze the seconds at 6 o'clock.

Now:

it is stated in the forum that there is no Swiss movement replica watches, does this mean that sites like this are bogus?

http://newwatch4u.com/Swiss%20IWC/ they claim : "True Swiss Automatic Movements Installed with 3 day Power Reserve "

Also which dealer has the better Port Chrono, Trustytime or Perfect Clones, or some other dealer?

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...bd53c5dd1e0551e

http://www.pc-80108.com/iw10032-portuguese...bph-p-1793.html

I am hoping to hear from the people here who have this watch.

Thanks all, what an interesting forum. After reading the stuff here I now realise I can never buy a watch on ebay or the internet as the replica's as just too good !

it is stated in the forum that there is no Swiss movement replica watches, does this mean that sites like this are bogus?

http://newwatch4u.com/Swiss%20IWC/ they claim : "True Swiss Automatic Movements Installed with 3 day Power Reserve "

Yes this site is bogus! They even show pictures of replica IWC portuguese with a quartz movement (easy to spot because of the subdials). Also their prices are hilarious... or scandalous!

Also which dealer has the better Port Chrono, Trustytime or Perfect Clones, or some other dealer?

Port Chrono i don't know. Trusty and PC have the exact same watches and so does Pure Time and Precious Time, who you can ask to do a visual and functional inspection of the watch before they sent it to you.

Good luck making a choice :)

you know, I like the look of the Port Chrono, but I am a bit upset that IWC would charge that much and it's not even their movement, so If I was to get a Gen IWC, then it'll have to be the Port Auto 5001 with the 7 day power reserve, at least that way it has an actual IWC movement.

so you could say that the Port Chrono is leading me to the dark side :)

Edited by Orion1632

I have that exact one, it lasted 7 months then died. I returned it to the seller who sent me a new one FOC. The old one had a noisey movement and wasn't easy to adjust, seemed like the crown didn't release properly. The new one doesn't have any of these issues and hopefully wull run forever. I bought it from www.cqout.com email the seller - tonyxkf [tonyxkf@hotmail.com]

you know, I like the look of the Port Chrono, but I am a bit upset that IWC would charge that much and it's not even their movement, so If I was to get a Gen IWC, then it'll have to be the Port Auto 5001 with the 7 day power reserve, at least that way it has an actual IWC movement.

so you could say that the Port Chrono is leading me to the dark side :)

this is a pretty ignorant statement. It is based on the Val movements, but they customize it so much, that it is almost considered their own movement.

79350 chronograph such as pilot's watch and port chrono are both BASED on Vaj' 7750

But what the diff' they make

1. Second dial is modi' from 9' to 6'

2. No hours counter dial

3. No day and date

4. 79350 has 31 jewels 79320 has 25 jewels

To move the subseconds dial might be just fror aesthetic reasons, but that requires reworking the entire movement and adding parts. That is the reason that there's six more jewels in the 79350. That reworking significantly increases the cost.

"Based on" means just that, i.e. IWC looked at the design of various existing calibres and based their new calibre layout on the design of the 7750 because they considered it delivered what they were looking for in terms of power, strength and reliability, and they had neither the intention nor any desire to reinvent the wheel. The movements are still assembled in-house at Shauffhausen by hand.

More info on the IWC 7750 based movements here: http://www.timezone.com/library/comarticle...681571896618891

Besides, the 5001 is almost twice the price of a port auto. There are many many big companies that use modified movements cost as much if not more than IWCs.

this is a pretty ignorant statement.

No I did not make an ignorant statement, I knew exactly what I was saying, I have read the time zone articles on what IWC do to the 7750, and yet it still bugs me that the Port Chrono costs so much when they are using a 7750.

Besides I would like my Gen IWC to have their patented Automatic Pellaton winding system, which the Port Chrono does not have.

But I do like the look of the Port Chrono .... hence the interest in getting a replica of it.

I have a port chrono white/silver dial with blue hands - never worn. - I had the crystal AR'd by Cheiftang

The seconds at 6 is frozen, but it needs a new centerwheel. I'm pretty confident that The Zigmeister can relplace it. I'm selling it to pay for other projects.

If your oging to send yours of to be serviceds/ or 6 frozen, you might be able to save some $$ and get an AR'd crystal to boot.

pm if your interested