When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI

k2222

+1

I'm a buyer if it's 1:1

If someone hasn't mentioned it already on this thread, all it would take to also make a 1:1 Spitfire Mark XVI rep would be a different dial, hands, date wheel, and caseback.

If they can make something like the Top Gun Ceramic super-rep this should be duck soup.

H

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all it would take to also make a 1:1 Spitfire Mark XVI rep would be a different dial, hands, date wheel, and caseback.

if only things where that easy.... the mk XV rep case is very different from the gen mk XVI. most striking is the case height as the rep features another ETA movement. As I had both watches in the winder for quite some time and bought myself a gen mk XV dial to get a project going, I actually never bothered as it could not compete due to it's case size.

if only things where that easy.... the mk XV rep case is very different from the gen mk XVI. most striking is the case height as the rep features another ETA movement. As I had both watches in the winder for quite some time and bought myself a gen mk XV dial to get a project going, I actually never bothered as it could not compete due to it's case size.

If they make some serious money..trust me..they will and allways be that simple.

A.

I think you misunderstood. I was comparing a gen Flieger Mark XVI with a gen Spitfire Mark XVI. According to the IWC website, they have the same case dimensions and the same movement. So I assume it's the same case, although I could be wrong.

• 5 weeks later...
i don't know if y'all heard the news from WM9 of Rolex fame. his new project log has a Mark XVI for the future. it was BK's idea!

with WM9's reputation, it will be a 1:1 rep.

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/projectlog/projectlog.htm

FINALLY! However, what exactly is WM9's reputation? Isn't he known for selling a lot of off-the-shelf Chinese reps (i.e. Nautilus) for double the price?

FINALLY! However, what exactly is WM9's reputation? Isn't he known for selling a lot of off-the-shelf Chinese reps (i.e. Nautilus) for double the price?

WM9 creates the most accurate Rolex reps in the market. The BK WM9's are the best of the best. genuine Swiss movements, accurate weight and feel and arguably the best dials. his current offerings are the Sub, YM, and soon to be released SubLV (this summer), and SD (end of 2009).

the reps are all 1:1 and are 100% interchangeable with gen parts.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/wm9-Seadweller-p...r-s-t88771.html

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Annoucing-WM9-V2-BK-t85804.html

http://www.rwg.cc/members/wm9-tt-lv-preord...mpa-t89867.html

• 3 weeks later...
WM9 creates the most accurate Rolex reps in the market. The BK WM9's are the best of the best. genuine Swiss movements, accurate weight and feel and arguably the best dials. his current offerings are the Sub, YM, and soon to be released SubLV (this summer), and SD (end of 2009).

the reps are all 1:1 and are 100% interchangeable with gen parts.

Really? Well, if the photos of WM9's now discontinued Mark XV rep (as shown in the "Wallpapers" section of his web site) are any indication of what his Mark XVI will look like, then I want no part of it whatsoever.

I don't care how good his subs are, this guy has a major credibily problem. He's still selling the old $250 Chinese Nautilus rep for $549!

Well,i don't know what it is:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/NEW-IWC-Pilot-s-Ma...25501-109031481

it also all around Chinese sellers....

Wow. Unless those are gen pics, it looks quite good. However, the $380 asking price is outrageous.

Let's hope they didn't use the old Mark XV rep case with a new dial and hands. Although it was the proper diameter for the Mark XVI (ironically), that case was very poorly designed.

Anyone know more about this new rep???

UPDATE: There is something VERY fishy about this seller. He is selling several older watches that he claims are gen, but they are all priced at exactly $380 shipped. Something is definitely wrong. I have a feeling these are all gen photos, and after you pay him you receive an empty box, if anything at all...

Edited by jj69

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Guys

This came out in late 2009 but was kind of a let down. They used the Mark XV case, crown was terrible, bad AR and the dial was bad also. WM9 had one planned but famously disappeared long before starting the project. :mellow:

Has there ever been a V2? I don't think so.

So I think it is time to resurrect this old thread... :)

Anybody chime in?

Kind regards

Val.

Guys

This came out in late 2009 but was kind of a let down. They used the Mark XV case, crown was terrible, bad AR and the dial was bad also. WM9 had one planned but famously disappeared long before starting the project. :mellow:

Has there ever been a V2? I don't think so.

So I think it is time to resurrect this old thread... :)

Anybody chime in?

Kind regards

Val.

I think the Mark XVI cases were different from the Mark XV cases.

I know the IWC XV dial was too small for the rep case, but I am pretty sure the IWC XVI dial fit the rep XVI case.

I have the Pilot and Spitfire dials/handsets available for these.

Very nice watch!

Mike