When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 253 Eyecandy - Invisable Crystal Courtesy of K2222

jb

Is is not obvious why this is one of my favorite watches? I really missed wearing my 253 while the crystal was away on it's journey to Poland for double AR. Unlike the sapphire crystals the Jakub usually coats, this one is mineral. Due to some really complicated chemical reaction that I am not about to try to understand, the mineral ends up with a light rose colored tint rather than the typical light blue. Unfortunately, I am not able to make it show up in the photos, but it looks fantastic. I have two of the three crystals I sent back, and it has been a MAJOR improvement for both of them. It's like I'm a noob again, because I keep catching myself staring into the dials.

So, what do you think?

IMG_5671_mod.jpg

Thanks to the late, great, Greg Moore for the background.

B) B) B)

I literally went :o when I saw the helmet. Great choice of backdrop.

Notice the autograph on the side pod.

I got that from him right after he exited his car after qualifying in Detroit some time ago. I used to be a HUGE open racing fan before the whole CART/IRL thing in the US and Schumacher eliminated the meaning of competition in F1.

All of the CART guys used to know me and my buddy, because we were in the pits and paddock for the entire weekends of both MI CART races every year. We have traveled to Toronto and Cleveland too.

We were like groupies. :drive1:

It's a shame that F1 won't work in the States. People here have no idea what real racing is all about.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there JB,

it looks amazing! I am also the lucky one having a PAM253. I put a nice Californian leather strap on it.

Soon i will let it being serviced and relumed.

I am also looking around to let my PAM253's crystal being AR coated. Not really sure about it yet, since a week ago, the glass just exploded.

could you tell me which press you used to get the crystal out of its case? Because the glass is domed i heard that you need to make sure to use the right press and material.

Secondly, could you inform me who is doing the AR coating? or maybe PM me about it.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Hooky

• 4 months later...
I have the same version...

got mine from Josh...

Sweet, I have one on order from Josh. Should be here by Wednesday.

I guess it's just the pictures on his website that are somewhat outdated..

Thanks ewing!

Edited by espentan

Does Panerai Watches have Factory AR, I heard the the Fiddy does not have AR. Now I am confused :bangin:

They have AR, well, most of them at least, including the Fiddy. It's just not that strong an AR, and single sided.

From the panerai website:

"PAM 00127

Crystal: sapphire, made from corundum, 2 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating."

Hey everyone, I am a newbie around here. I am a Panerai collector but just can't always afford all of the ones that catch my eye. Prices are getting ridiculous. I am interested in purchasing a good 253 rep and have looked on the site to find out which dealer or website Josh sells from. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Keith

Thanks.

Keith

Btw, the rubber strap of the PAM253 replica is not of a good quality. It attracks a lot of dust. Like having a dessert on your wrist sort of speak. The strap of a submersible, like the PAM187 is better. Or buy a good leather strap. Even better.

Btw, the rubber strap of the PAM253 replica is not of a good quality. It attracks a lot of dust. Like having a dessert on your wrist sort of speak. The strap of a submersible, like the PAM187 is better. Or buy a good leather strap. Even better.

I agree. But it on a vintage, thick leather strap or a SS bracelet instead. Gorgeous.

I agree. But it on a vintage, thick leather strap or a SS bracelet instead. Gorgeous.

Espentan, do you have hands on experience with a SS strap on the PAM253?

That would be so great!!! Looking forward to your reply.

J.

Espentan, do you have hands on experience with a SS strap on the PAM253?

That would be so great!!! Looking forward to your reply.

I have a 253 with a polished SS bracelet sitting in my box. I'll snap a couple of shots for you.

I just got in after a looong night out and I'm more than likely a little drunk, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow :)