When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

England V Trinidad & Tobago Today

Chronus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazil... yes we saw THAT 2 days ago how they entertained us...!

No disrespect to Deutschland, maybe I'd like them more if Hamann was in the team, but I would rather watch a flash of skill from Ronaldinho keeping the ball while surrounded by defenders ( as he did the other day ) than watch Germany... the way things are England are in the same category too. :angry:

Just wondering, who in RWG wishes to see England take on Germany in the group of 16 match? :)

If that happens I could see a repeat of Liverpool 5 (Gerrard, Owen, Heskey, Barmby) Germany 1.

Germany's defence is far too slow and porous for the pacy English attackers. Rooney, Owen, Lennon, Walcott, Downing and Gerrard would be having a field day.

Never trust a swede with the English team!! Why oh why bring on Downing again!! What use is he? And Crouch - well he did at least redeem himself later on. We always seem to do it - no wonder the last time we won was in '66!! Spain looks like a winning team to me - best match so far!!

Never trust a swede with the English team!! Why oh why bring on Downing again!! What use is he? And Crouch - well he did at least redeem himself later on. We always seem to do it - no wonder the last time we won was in '66!! Spain looks like a winning team to me - best match so far!!

Spain don't have a weak player in the squad, the reserves are good, and Raul is happy coming off the bench. Finally? :thumbsupsmileyanim::group:

Stop reading my mind FP :lol: except I would say 'never trust a negative, uninspiring, tactically-useless, money-grabbing, secretary-shagging Swede' ^_^

The only thing bothering me is that we actually won in the end, so the same old excuses come out and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING changes and the denial and delusion continues. I mean, surely there's something VERY wrong when England can't get it up performance-wise against a side like TNT. Psychology, tactics, (lack of) leadership, whatever, it does not bode well...

@Chronus :thumbsupsmileyanim::group: even if you credit Barmby where none due ;):bleh:

Will be interesting though to see if Spain can build on their last performance - I'm betting they will, they were THAT impressive.

@Chronus :thumbsupsmileyanim::group: even if you credit Barmby where none due ;):bleh:

Will be interesting though to see if Spain can build on their last performance - I'm betting they will, they were THAT impressive.

Torres still hasn't delived on his potential.... I'm not sure if England will be the place for him, he could be like Morientes. Rafa was after David Villa for the last 2 seasons but didn't get him. We'll have to wait and see.

I think LFC may have more money than they are letting on though :yu:

Torres still hasn't delived on his potential.... I'm not sure if England will be the place for him, he could be like Morientes. Rafa was after David Villa for the last 2 seasons but didn't get him. We'll have to wait and see.

I think LFC may have more money than they are letting on though :yu:

PM sent as I think we're in danger of hijacking this admittedly old and dead thread :lol:

Villa will cost too much I think :(

We'll have to wait and see.

Torres looked good today, but he has a tendency to do well in the first part of the move but then sometimes mess it up at the end, like a few chances he had today. Still, El Nino is top scorer now.

Hopefully Bellamy will sign this week

I take it you're a Blackburn fan ;) ? No? are you on drugs then? :bounce:

Alves also

Sssh, as I said to Chronus don't jinx it until the ink's dry :pray:

plus maybe Villa as well!!!!

Now I KNOW you're taking something :lol: he recently signed a contract extension and his buyout clause is around £85 million pounds, hmmm maybe we could get a rep of him? :Jumpy:

Seriously though boys, I thought for all his rawness, Torres did look the business again last night - I know there's doubts about his robustness to cope with Premiership life but at 22, this boy I think is the one that we should take a risk on, I can really see it happening for him, with XA and SG feeding him precision passes. It makes me despair when I read that old red faced sourpuss wants him and will pay £25m to take him to ManUSA? NOOoooooo, don't do it Nando!!!

Edited by docblackrock

To the New Crapford SuperDome?

I think they should buy the new Djemba Djemba... so good they named him twice...

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :bleh:

Edited by Chronus

Sounds like man ure want to sign Diarra (Lyon) and Carrick (Spurs) for around 14-15 million each. A lot of money, though Spurs want 20, and Lyon want at least as much as they got for Essien. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Let's hope they get more David Bellions instead :bleh: