When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

England V Trinidad & Tobago Today

Chronus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know Trinidad & Tobago played soccer well enough to get in to the world cup :blink:

Ken

Probably because their star player plays in Australia! :rolleyes::) We need more AFL talk for the poor man :lol:

I think this will be a walk in the park for England. They might even score 4.

It fits with the usual hysteria - one bad match means they're hopeless, beating T&T will mean they're World Champions elect...and they'll still go out in the QF in some comical manner.

You know, I think I've long gone past caring :yawn:

The decider was seeing my 'second' team (now promoted to 'first' obviously) Spain just go about their business yesterday with no local media fuss and tear Schevchenko's Ukraine apart fairly ruthlessly and playing some great football in the process. Kudos to Xabi, Luis et al.

I wonder what the England boys made of that? A mixture of jealousy and embarrassment probably...

You know, I think I've long gone past caring :yawn:

The decider was seeing my 'second' team (now promoted to 'first' obviously) Spain just go about their business yesterday with no local media fuss and tear Schevchenko's Ukraine apart fairly ruthlessly and playing some great football in the process. Kudos to Xabi, Luis et al.

I wonder what the England boys made of that? A mixture of jealousy and embarrassment probably...

I'm the same as you, I like Spain (and Argentina) too. I have only 1 England shirt, but so many Spain and Argentina shirts including he classic Maradona 1986 home and away, and the 1982 boca juniors shirt.

Anyway, are you a Liverpool fan too ? :group::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I say England will win easily despite the cautious build up.

The best performance so far though has to be Spain - arriba España!!!

On another note have any English members been watching the build up on local TV? It seems that the only T&T player that the media want to speak to is.... a white English guy called Burchill whose mother was born in Port of Spain (capital of T&T). I don't want to call the British media racist but it would seem that he was the only guy in the team - must be slightly irritating for the other members of the team...

T&T's best player is Dwight Yorke who used to be a big star here in England... they should concentrate on him as he is the one that pulls the strings from his new defensive midfield position.

I'm the same as you, I like Spain (and Argentina) too. I have only 1 England shirt, but so many Spain and Argentina shirts including he classic Maradona 1986 home and away, and the 1982 boca juniors shirt.

Anyway, are you a Liverpool fan too ? :group::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Drat, I've been rumbled :lol:

And there was me being all 'secret squirrel' with my avatar ;)

T&T's best player is Dwight Yorke who used to be a big star here in England... they should concentrate on him as he is the one that pulls the strings from his new defensive midfield position.

And Hislop in goal, and I'm sure there are some really interesting characters in the team.

On another note have any English members been watching the build up on local TV? It seems that the only T&T player that the media want to speak to is.... a white English guy called Burchill whose mother was born in Port of Spain (capital of T&T). I don't want to call the British media racist but it would seem that he was the only guy in the team - must be slightly irritating for the other members of the team...

English media are awful come World Cup time.

That said, I think it is just a great story for them - a bit like the opposite of Cool Runnings. It is also the fact he plays in a lower league and now he is at the World Cup. And he is, after all, English and playing England (but other members of the team are too).

If it is any consolation, the whole of Scotland is smitten with Jason Scotland (he lives in Scotland)!!

I know one thing, I never watch England expecting to be entertained. The last time I can think of being entertained was the 5-1 win in Germany but that's opver 4 years ago!

For entertainment I watch Espana, Nederlands, Portugal, Brasil, Argentina and even Italia.

:1a: