When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RIP Heath Ledger

TeeJay

Talk about surprize :o

Heath Ledger found dead in New York

Hollywood star Heath Ledger was found dead in New York in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28.

Police spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan flat he was found in, believed to be his home.

The housekeeper, who went to let the actor know the masseuse was there, found him dead.

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in Brokeback Mountain and has numerous other screen credits.

He met his wife, actress Michelle Williams, in 2005 while filming Brokeback Mountain.

Ledger and Williams lived in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda, but they split up last year.

Ledger played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in Monster's Ball and had starring roles in A Knight's Tale and The Patriot.

He was to appear as the Joker this year in The Dark Knight, a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins.

[source MSN Home]

Actually the apartment belongs to one of the Olson twins, and he and Michelle never married. Nevertheless, a sad tragedy.

I just copied and pasted the info, I take no responsibility for it's accuracy, that lies with the named source ;) Indeed, a real tragedy.

What can I say...........I'm totally shocked :o

It's always tragic when the go so young.

Ken

Absolutely so. Maybe he'll pick up an award posthumously.

As far as I know...TDK is in post-production....so he'll still appear in it.......rumours are that he was unable to shake off the character of the Joker....claimed the part was haunting / obsessing him.....he had apparently also been seen on the party circuit lately..........which was apparently unusual for him.......dating Lohan......he was supposed to be quite a shy guy.....mind you if I had to resort to Lohan....perhaps I'd go the same route....B)

Edited by TTK

I literally JUST heard, upon turning on MSNBC. Unlike the Anna Nicole Smith death (which I confess, also shocked me, but in a different way), this was COMPLETELY unexpected. :(

I thought the last role I saw him in, in Candy, was awful. Casanova the same. Frankly, I thought he was a minor actor -- but he was unrecognisably good in Brokeback, and pithy in First Knight. Overall, he seemed like all Australians, just a down-to-earth, sweet guy.

RIP...I feel very sorry for his little daughter with Michelle Williams.

@CBR below: Wow, that is freaky. Reminds of that scene in Stone's JFK, where the Sutherland character was saying that Aussie newspapers had a full-background story on Oswald moments after the story broke.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I am not sure how he managed to do this... but a co-worker knocked on my door at 1:05pm Pac Time to tell me that he had been found dead. By my calculations, and what I have been able to read online, that was exactly 20 minutes after he had been declared dead. I think my marketing guru has some explaining to do tomorrow before I call the NYPD!

Its sad when these young actors, singers and public figures die so tragically. I really hope that this was an accident and not something he had intended to do!