When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White Explorer II ... your advises...

Rolecs

I would look for an "adjustable Hour hand" version, which is extremely rare to find...

Furthermore, ensure the winding crown is very small and thin: the one on my version is way out.

The last thing is that the frame of the hour markers should be black... on most version it is dark grey.

It's not easy to find it anymore, but you can try.

This is the best EXII "non franken" around. Black dial version is more accurate.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=45339

As By-tor wrote, flaws are:

-grey/silver hour marker

-datewheel/cyclops positioned too right

-hour markers positioned too close to the seconds markers

PT told me he still have this version but I'm not sure. I'll see when I'll receive it.

You might want to check out Puretime (Angus), he has as Explorer II New which has the correct hand stack and the noob case, black hour surrounds, well positioned date window. The only thing I don't like about it is the thick date font.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/pure...nt=DSCN0108.jpg

There were issues with the correct hand stack movements in the past, don't know if those issues have been taken care of.

A franken is a watch that contains some genuine parts and has been put together. A non-franken would then have all rep parts, I guess. It's a double negative sort of.

@alligoat: I asked about Angus that model long time ago. He said that white ExpII (correct stack) has never been produced with proper black markers.

They're gun metal color, although when you shoot the watch from the correct angle they appear black. I'm sure that's the case with the pic you linked, too.

The genuine dial markers have all matte black color. That's why the black dial version is much better choice for a rep.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything everyone else said about the ExpII is correct. I have the LV sub from Josh and a gold sub with blue face and blue bezel from sead ... but my favorite is my Exp II from WBK from rwi/repgeek forum .. it's my everyday workhorse rep. :1a: In fact of all three Rollies I like the white Exp II the best :1a:B):D and I used to seek out the 25th anniv sub. Enjoy your search and best of all enjoy your Exp II. Bk is making me my 2nd ExpII known around the forums as the BKExploerII B):)

sorry to all if this is a duplicate response but my ISP went down when i submitted my first response

Everything everyone else said about the ExpII is correct. I have the LV sub from Josh and a gold sub with blue face and blue bezel from sead ... but my favorite is my Exp II from WBK from rwi/repgeek forum .. it's my everyday workhorse rep. :1a: In fact of all three Rollies I like the white Exp II the best :1a:B):D and I used to seek out the 25th anniv sub. Enjoy your search and best of all enjoy your Exp II. Bk is making me my 2nd ExpII known around the forums as the BKExploerII B):)