When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My caseback engraving - Updated with Final result!

V

Which caseback do you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the following two?

• Divers helmet with 2 sharks
    • Crest with four different designs

Well I will send my Cali dial solid caseback for engraving and I am between the following two designs..

They both look very nice (well since I made them myself :p ) but you must help me decide.

Nr 1 DIVERS HELMET WITH TWO SHARKS

graphic3zi0.jpg

Nr 2 CREST WITH FOUR DIFFERENT DESIGNS

graphic1qz6.jpg

Please vote :)

i voted the first one, although both are fantastic my greek friend

Thanks a lot :)

Wel I personally prefer just a bit more the first one but my wife insists that the second one is better.. I personally don;t like the university/team crest that surrounds the 4 designs.. Maybe changing this will look better...

Any opinions will be much appreciated

I hope you dont mind....but I see it this way....

veni.JPG

I don't mind at all.. but ti think two sharks and two poseidon's tridents are a bit too much and make it busy?

I might move though the sharks where you put the tridents. what do you think of this?

I think that would work but you might have to make the sharks smaller to fit them on the side of the divers helmet....

I was trying to make use of some of the unused space....maybe it is a little busy....for some reason im not diggin the Poseidon Trident coming out of the top of the helmet either....regardless of what happens the sharks definitely must stay somewhere in the pic....

I think that would work but you might have to make the sharks smaller to fit them on the side of the divers helmet....

I was trying to make use of some of the unused space....maybe it is a little busy....for some reason im not diggin the Poseidon Trident coming out of the top of the helmet either....regardless of what happens the sharks definitely must stay somewhere in the pic....

Not so good the sharks where the tridents are...

post-89-1201980122_thumb.jpg

I voted for the first one.

However, if I were doing it, I'd go with something a lot simpler. Maybe just one shark on its own or a plain diver's helmet. Less is still more in graphics.

I agree J..

but the concept behind it a slightly different variation of a Master Diver's badge...

Which is the following design:

masterdiverbadgesmall_thumb.jpg

or this:

28%20mstrdiv.jpg

The first one for me also. The design is clean and eye-catching. The second is too cluttered. Great idea!

Today I received a first sample engraved on a simple aluminium foil to see if I approve...

The design is one of my first one much more complicated with the shark interlaping the helmet etc etc and still I believe it looks GREAT...

dsc00211px5.jpg

dsc00207io3.jpg

Today I received a first sample engraved on a simple aluminium foil to see if I approve...

The design is one of my first one much more complicated with the shark interlaping the helmet etc etc and still I believe it looks GREAT...

Very nice V...I think this design is truer to a "tool watch" caseback. The 4 panel shield looked too much like fabricated heraldry...

The middle part under the divers helmet looks like a smiley face. Otherwise good.

I know.. that was the prototype in order to see how good and precise it can be engraved.

The final design engraved on the caseback is this:

veni2ez5.jpg