When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New pics of my pvd

old skool

Gianton, it could be a vac watch. He quite often sources parts from Davidsen, from what I understand. It could also be a watch straight from DSN himself, he (DSN) has an entire photobucket album devoted to his "unbranded" pieces.

do you have the address?

Crap, Andy, how did I know someone was going to ask me that? ;)

Let me see if I can dig it up. I believe DSN started it due to all of the undbranded requests he was getting from gen watch sites. Hold one....

EDIT -- I can't find it. I know he has one, though. I guess just send him an email and ask him for the creds for that photobucket album. Seems like it was: James123Chen or something similar...

Edited by peepshow

Hey sorry I am so late to the game here...I should have listed this previously...

It is a watch made by Davidsen. I couldn't decide on the vintage lume sausage base dial or this superluminova sandwhich dial. I am still not sure I made the best decision. I kept telling myself that if I got the sausage dial I would want to send it out to Vac for custom lume and that would have been expensive so I just bit the bullet and got the C1 lume dial.

Maybe later on I will buy an extra dial, have it lumed and swap it in....

Anyway, thanks for the compliments. I hit the case with some Cape Cod. I am using the SC buckle obviously. The strap is something I made for my 177, but I think it looks nicer on this watch so it may stay there for a while...

Old_skool does it have AR? Is crystal made of sapphire?

Also, does it come serviced/waterproof tested/regulated etc like his other watches?

I may be getting this one instead of 201/a...

It is sapphire with AR coat. It's OK, though you know this AR coat is only so good. You have to send it out for double coat if you really want some good AR.

Edit: I just learned that Davidsen sells his watches with WR30m. Now to me this means I can wash my hands or walk in the rain without worrying about small splashes but that I cannot take it under water at all....

I seriously doubt he services and regulates them at the price he sells. Those are services I believe you would need to get from a watchmaker. Personally, I don't see much use for servicing or regulating a new movement. I will wear it for a while and see if it is keeping good time. If not, I will have it worked on. (I mean sure, it's great if you can get this service included in a new watch for a reasonable price...)

I don't plan to wear any of these in the water so I don't feel like paying to have them pressure tested.

Edited by old skool

• 2 weeks later...