When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Last Movie You Watched

TeeJay

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Into The Wild... Had a big emotional impact on me. Still recovering... I loved it. But hey, I'm just an old, sentimental Kraut, easily driven to tears... ;)

It was awesome--made me want to get off the grid myself!

The book was great!

Saw the following last weekend:

American Gangster - Great - must watch!!!

Rendition - Good - highly recommended!

We own the night - Great - Must watch!!!

No Reservations - Entertaining....the Little Actress (Abigail Breslin) was good,

and watched Notting Hill on Showtime ....made me miss the place!

Just seen Juno. I've been saying for a while Ellen Page will get an Oscar, ever since I saw her steal scenes in Regenesis, but I didn't think she'd be nominated already. Great film, really funny, etc.

If she does win an Oscar, and I hope she does, the irony will be that three of the cast of X-Men 3 will be Oscar-winners, and it's none of the ones you'd expect. ;)

funny and super cool !

highly recommended.

Kelster, if you haven't already don't forget to see "Hotel Chevalier", a short film that is a prequel to The Darjeeling Limited. Wes Anderson allowed it to be downloaded free, online.

Hotel_Chevalier.png

I enjoy Anderson's vision, and style. Not too sure I like his films overall though.

Just seen Juno. I've been saying for a while Ellen Page will get an Oscar, ever since I saw her steal scenes in Regenesis, but I didn't think she'd be nominated already. Great film, really funny, etc.

Juno is a delight. Every year recently, American cinema's been cranking out a gem of an indie film that somehow breaks the glass ceiling.

Junebug. The Squid and the Whale. Half-Nelson. Now Juno. Great stuff.

You missed Napoleon Dynamite, Little Miss Sunshine and Garden State off the list.

You are right!

However, I didn't see Napoleon Dynamite. I absolutely loathed and thought LMS was overrated. Only Garden State, of the ones you mentioned, did I forget -- cruelly.

I have a very snobby film critic friend who trashed Garden State. :( But I thought it was one of the great coming-of-age films, with moreover, a kicka$s soundtrack.

Two films along these lines, in 2007 (a great year for indies) -- not to be missed!

3389thumbou2.jpg

&

405pxwaitressvx9.jpg

@DemonSlayer: I "see" you reading the thread right now. :bye1: Just wanted to say thanks, and OMG! about that Miami Vice response you gave. I actually saved it for future reference!

Just saw Juno...it was AWESOME! I hope it wins every award it was nominated for.

Nova Scotia's own could play spoiler, actually. I mean, Audrey Hepburn won for her first real leading role...why not!

Of all the main Oscar nominated films, I haven't seen these yet:

There Will Be Blood

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Into the Wild

Elizabeth: The Golden Age (I know, V, I know!)

The Savages

I'm Not There

The Golden Compass

I've seen all these:

Michael Clayton

Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

In the Valley of Elah

Eastern Promises

No Country for Old Men

Charlie Wilson's War

Away From Her

Juno

American Gangster

Atonement

Gone Baby Gone

Persepolis (Best "film" of 2007, IMHO -- it's an animated film)

Ratatouille

Surf's Up

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Across the Universe

La Vie en Rose

How about you?

We have 10 days to go...

http://www.oscar.com/nominees/

I've only seen these:

The Golden Compass

No Country for Old Men

Juno

American Gangster

Atonement

Ratatouille

Just rented the bluray of Across the Universe so I'm looking forward to watching, more importantly, listening to it. B)

I was absolutely floored by Juno...one of those movies I wished kept going while I was still sitting in my seat watching the end credits roll.

Just rented the bluray of Across the Universe so I'm looking forward to watching, more importantly, listening to it. B)

Lucky dog. I bought another standalone DVD-R today. I wish I had the money right now to get HDTV and Blu-Ray!

I was absolutely floored by Juno...one of those movies I wished kept going while I was still sitting in my seat watching the end credits roll.

I felt exactly the same way. :)

One of the few other times I felt like that, was watching "Metropolitan" by Whit Stillman.

NEXT UP: Bella & Beowoulf.

Kelster, if you haven't already don't forget to see "Hotel Chevalier", a short film that is a prequel to The Darjeeling Limited. Wes Anderson allowed it to be downloaded free, online.

Hotel_Chevalier.png

I enjoy Anderson's vision, and style. Not too sure I like his films overall though.

its on the DVD - and a perfect "opener" for the movie -

so i saw it first and was already blown away ;)

kind a different to the other flicks i usually love - like Shoot 'Em Up or Crank :lol:

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
Nova Scotia's own could play spoiler, actually. I mean, Audrey Hepburn won for her first real leading role...why not!

Of all the main Oscar nominated films, I haven't seen these yet:

There Will Be Blood

Going to watch it in a few moments. FINALLY! Hours before the Oscars.

Rxus, I'm wearing my Cartier Tank, so if you see me, wave. ;)

So far today, I've watched Juno, No Country for Old Men, and I'm watching There will Be Blood as I type this...

Just came from having watched There Will be Blood.

WOW.

What a tour-de-force by DDL. It was like a cross between Citizen Kane, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and von Stroheim's Greed. I'm overwhelmed.

I can't wait to see Be Kind Rewind--I loved Eternal Sunshine, and The Science of Sleep is one of my all-time favorites.

Recently:

Dan in Real Life--cute

American Psycho--overrated

Black Book--great

Darjeeling Limited--need to watch it again, I loved it but I am heavily biased towards Wes Anderson, I didn't read any reviews so I could watch it fresh, and the Steve Murray cameo was just CRUEL. I think it would have been an order of magnitude better with FAR more Bill and FAR less Owen, how many scenes can you have of him being a lovable misfit, honestly people.

James Bond Marathon--well, as a kid I only caught The Living Daylights and of course the Brosnan Follies, so I've been catching up. Thoughts so far:

Sean Connery was a pretty cool mofo back in the day, but what the frig was that fuzzy blue thing he was wearing in Goldfinger? I was not prepared for that.

Sean Connery was a pretty cool mofo back in the day, but what the frig was that fuzzy blue thing he was wearing in Goldfinger? I was not prepared for that.

That's no way to speak about Sir Sean's hair-piece :lol:

On topic:

Just finished watching Hitman. Pretty good film, and, always good to see Timothy Olyphant in things. I suspect, that in a few years, he'll either be a 'big name', or, relatively unknown, but with a huge portfolio of good (if unknown) roles under his belt.

Just finished watching Hitman. Pretty good film, and, always good to see Timothy Olyphant in things. I suspect, that in a few years, he'll either be a 'big name', or, relatively unknown, but with a huge portfolio of good (if unknown) roles under his belt.

...apart from Die Hard 4 and three seasons of Deadwood? ;)