When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Last Movie You Watched

TeeJay

I did a search, but it didn't bring up anything, so I decided to start a new thread.

The last movie I watched, was the 2002 re-make of The Time Machine.

Time_machine.jpg

I've wanted to watch this movie for ages, but just never seemed to get round to it, so, I put it on yesterday, and was really glad I did. Absolutely fantastic movie. Okay, so it's only a PG, so nothing hardcore, but all in all, a really nice movie. Incredible music, great costumes/location sets, all round thumbs up. Not really any 'huge' names in it (I guess Jeremy Irons would be the 'biggest') but still a group of actors who's work I've always enjoyed. As for the time machine itself, wow, what an amazing combination of brass and crystal. Absolutely gorgeous. I'd highly recommend the movie to anyone.

time_machine2.jpg

Edited by TeeJay

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...Here's something a little off the beaten track...

...an interesting movie about Aboriginal life in Australia. Very well made!

"Divine Intervention"

Both sounds interesting, I have to get those!

Friday and Sat. nite is always movie night for me (at least 2 movies each!) and these are what I've watched:

The Brave one - Good, Highly Recommended

The Assasination of Jesse James - Huhum, waste of time!

Elizabeth: The Golden Age - Very Good, Highly Recommended

Gone Baby Gone - Good, Highly Recommended

Last Week:

3:10 to Yuma - Good, Highly Recommended

Bordertown - Huhum, waste of time!

The Hunting Party - So-so!

War - Good, Highly Recommended

Last movie I watched at the theater was I am Legend. Great CGI creatures and wonderful backdrop of a Manhattan wasteland. The rest of the movie just did not work for me. It was a combination of the writing and Will Smith trying to be Marlon Brando. They should have let the story go and had fun with the special effects rather than making this a character driven movie. The special effects sequences of this movie are fantastic and more would have made it better.

The last movie I watched on DVD was Kingdom of Heaven directed by Ridley Scott. An Historical fiction that is more fiction and is set against the backdrop of Jerusalem and the Crusades. It is well acted and is a story and character driven movie. The directors cut provides an extra half hour of story that fills in the blanks missing from the theatrical version and Eva Green who plays Sybilla is really easy on the eyes. All the main characters are based on real people form that time though their stories in the movie are not. Great story, great acting and a great escape.

big_trouble.jpg

A very underrated film IMO. This was one of the movies I grew up on and have liked it ever since :) A blend of action, comedy and fantasy, plus John Carpenter's directing is spot on.

I agree good movie :) seen it when i was a kid and later always fun to watch.

Cheers

I just watched a Japanese language film from 1999 called 'Tokyo Psycho", it is also released as 'Tokyo Rampage' The story of a dissaffected youth who has it out for the Yakuza and blazes a trail of mayhem. It has been called the Japanese 'Taxi Driver' for good reason. This was a film I enjoyed quite a bit.

Bought a lot of DVD's yesterday.

"The Ring" is very good horror movie, although the ending was typically "prolonged".

And the actress in the leading role is amazingly beautiful... exactly my type of woman. :)

watts-naomi-photo-naomi-watts-6205693.jpg