When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap Help!

mseanschmidt

Looking for a strap for my NEW PAM253. I want just a very classic basic brown leather strap. Here are my questions:

1. Do the gen PAMs have Paneria inscribed on the buckle? Alot of the rep straps I'm looking at have it inscribed. I DON'T want that to scream "REP"

2. Any iput on PreV Buckle versus Deployment? Or, is it a personal preference. I think the PreV is more classic though?

3. What does the numbers 15/80 and 24/24 mean?

4. If anyone has a pic of there PAM on a plain brown strap could you post it so I can take a look?

5. Anything else I should weigh into my decision?

Thanks for ALL your help!!!

I'll feed you baby bird:

1. To OEM buckles do, but many (almost every) gen Panerai owner changes out thier strap and gets aftermarket buckles to fit, with and without inscription.

2. Personal preference. Deployment strap are uncomfortable IMO. The GPF is the classic and the Pre-V is just that Pre-V.

3. These are the lengths. Here is a good description of them: http://www.paneristi.com/straps/howbig.html

4. This one you are going to ghave to do on your own. Search for the weekly wrist shots and posts that have the word 'pics' in the title.

5. How much you are looking to spend is probably the major factor. Price is always an issue, unless you are living off someone else's money. So get a price range and go from there.

1. To OEM buckles do, but many (almost every) gen Panerai owner changes out thier strap and gets aftermarket buckles to fit, with and without inscription. -- I agree 100%, only one of the straps on my 210 (your black strap, Tootall) retains the OEM buckle.

2. Personal preference. Deployment strap are uncomfortable IMO. The GPF is the classic and the Pre-V is just that Pre-V. -- Agreed. I prefer tang buckled straps

3. These are the lengths. Here is a good description of them: http://www.paneristi.com/straps/howbig.html -- Nothing really to add to that!

4. This one you are going to ghave to do on your own. Search for the weekly wrist shots and posts that have the word 'pics' in the title. -- Yep, the search button is your friend. I don't have any "plain brown" straps.

5. How much you are looking to spend is probably the major factor. Price is always an issue, unless you are living off someone else's money. So get a price range and go from there. -- You know it! And for "bang for the buck" you can't go wrong with straps made by "our" strapmakers, Tootall, Savage, V, fxrAndy, etc. (sorry if I left anyone out, it's not intentional!)

Just posted a pic of my 253 with a BOB Marino Calf "Rustica" strap:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=398319

I'll feed you baby bird:

I'm still laughing over this line. :lol:

Sean, here are some pics I posted already. Took me a while to search for them, but I'm glad I did.

These types of posts serve as handy reference in future.

pam217gefberrieswristiefp6.jpg

gefincursorechocolateha9.jpg

- Giovanni e Figlio Incursore Cioccolata 26mm (as mentioned in my Wristcheck, DuDro has this exact one for sale in the Forum)

minifiddygregnutellabroir6.jpg

minifiddygregnutellabrorf1.jpg

- Greg Stevens' stitchless Vintage Military 24mm

pam177brenttree1vr6.jpg

- xlr8tn's "Toffee Delight" (I just named it)

kaktushavanadrifterrotrnd4.jpg

- Kaktus' Havanna Drifter

pam112tororocks1il9.jpg

torobravoautumnpn2.jpg

- Greg Stevens' Toro Moro with blue stitching

maniffaturefirenzebrownqj2.jpg

- Maniffature Firenze's Hammered Brown Calf 26mm

RED-BROWN STRAPS

pam118vstraplvglassesqe2.jpg

- V's Italian vintage (more brown than red, this is just in the sun)

pam113dirkmamaclaustm0.jpg

- Dirk's Pre-V Bacchetta Miele (will get darker patina)

I'm still laughing over this line. :lol:

Sean, here are some pics I posted already. Took me a while to search for them, but I'm glad I did.

These types of posts serve as handy reference in future.

pam112tororocks1il9.jpg

torobravoautumnpn2.jpg

- Greg Stevens' Toro Moro with blue stitching

maniffaturefirenzebrownqj2.jpg

- Maniffature Firenze's Hammered Brown Calf 26mm

STRAPATASTIC

my goodness ,I am salivating over that Gregs Blue Stiching, and that 127 looks awesome

STRAPATASTIC

Supercallifragilisticexpialistrapy! :tu:

my goodness ,I am salivating over that Gregs Blue Stiching, and that 127 looks awesome

Note on the Toro Moro with blue stitching. I badgered Greg over this one for a month, to get it just right. When it arrived, to my horror, it didn't look good on me. :(

(Hmm, wait, was it this one or another one? I forget now. I have maybe 7 Gregs)

Still a wonderful strap, but just not for me.

The MF hammered calf is a work of art, though. Because it's thin, it doesn't overwhelm the Fiddy. :victory:

• 3 years later...

are there any websites or contact information to purchase one these straps

Depends which strap mate...but start with the strap dealers section and try searching on Risti, VP etc

Or just google...Manifatture Firenze, Greg Stevens, Dirk Straps, Heroic, etc etc