When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshuas Watch catched by the german customs ...........

Lederjacke

I have always thought that replacing more easily in such cases was the explanation of their higher prices. Any other explanation why you would pay 20-30% more for any watch ?

You mean buying from Andrew and Josh? I believe that the explanation of their higher prices, is that they are the Cartel, and know they can charge what they want, and people will still buy from them ;) I quite agree, why pay more, just for the sake of it, one would expect that extra cost to count for something, especially in an event such as this ;)

When returning goods the dealer will give you a valid address, there is really no customs risk in receiving a counterfeit watch. But, when they are sending out, the will not give a valid address for obvious reasons.

Well, when my rep was seized and then sent back to Joshua, he actually received it. He sent me a picture with the letter from customs..

There were my details, tracking number on the receipt, and it was in my language.. He has no reason to say he received it back if it was not true.. He shipped again and it arrived safely to a friend of mine's address. Maybe it's not his real addres, but indeed a valid address.

I think Joshua have to jump in here and give his side of the story......I've only dealth with Joshua since I started collecting (now 1st time with TTK and once with Andrew) and I have had problems with several of my purchases (I've bought a lot), but all were resolved by him in a professional and amicable manner and with constant communications! I have sent watches to him to be fixed or replaced and never....never have I encountered any negative attitude from him! I have complained to him about broken straps and buckles after so many months of use and even without any pictures or returning the said item as proof, he replaces them!

I think Joshua have to jump in here and give his side of the story......I've only dealth with Joshua since I started collecting (now 1st time with TTK and once with Andrew) and I have had problems with several of my purchases (I've bought a lot), but all were resolved by him in a professional and amicable manner and with constant communications! I have sent watches to him to be fixed or replaced and never....never have I encountered any negative attitude from him! I have complained to him about broken straps and buckles after so many months of use and even without any pictures or returning the said item as proof, he replaces them!

I agree, it will be interesting to hear Joshua's side of things. However, LJ did post the email received from Josh himself, so there's no way he can really get round only offering the 45% refund, and, as mentioned above, taking dealer markup into account, it's not as if he'd actually be down 55% of the overall transaction (as he'd still have the markup profit from the original sale, even if the watch never made it back to him) An interesting one to keep an eye on, I think...

Hi,

I am sorry sir.. I cannot accept your request to cancel the

order... If every german does that to me.. I would have gone out of

business..

You have to take the risk as well.. If you want money back.. I can

only refund 45 percent..

Thanks

Joshua

Although I am sure Joshua will read this....here is what you should do....and if he is a sensible business man who respects the forum and its members who help him earn a living....he will comply....

You should counter his offer of 55% with 25% and tell him this....

"I understand that we are both in this together....and because of this I will gladly surrender 25% for any shipping charges or other costs that you have paid in an attempt to send me this watch....this way you will not be at a loss....I believe this to be a fair alternative and with no hard feelings....we can part ways"

I offered a replacement immediately when you show me the letter. I asked for an alternative address and name for safety and obvious reasons. This is my current practice for seized packages worldwide..I believe it is fair..

You , the buyer wants to back out of the deal completely. I am down a watch and shipping.

If german customs denies entry completely and send it back without notifying you , yes i will have the watch return to me.. .. But since german customs has already open up the package and issue you a tax invoice.... By not paying the tax.. you have given them the green light to destroy the package. In some instances, You will be made to sign a letter to allow then to do so.. most of the time.. it is implied upon to allow them to destroy the package. its of no relevance whether the return address is real or fake.. ... The package I send is gone for good.

By sending you a replacement, I am still taking a loss .. but this is my principles to make sure my clients are happy..

This is a deal about replicas... an illegal product..... No matter which country .. we are all taking a chance.. you the buyer and me the seller.. we are taking a chance.. But if you want it everything your way.. sorry . I have to cover my ass as well. Work with me.. I assure you . my customer.. that I am chewing down the longer end of the stick...

My response to you is simply becos you did not even bother to work with me on this unfortunate matter.. During this time, I answer to every single one of your emails even thru out this holidays period .. With other dealers. you probably will be left in the leach till after the new year.

Thanks

joshua

According to the opening post, the watch has been sent back, not destroyed...

It'll be interesting to see if it does ever reach it's destination.

And as of right now that is exactly what needs to be determined....if indeed the watch is lost and not returned to Jos then he certaintly deserves his 55% if the buyer is trying to back out of the sale....the 55% should cover all or atleast a good portion of the cost of the watch plus what he has spent on shipping....that fact that he is willing to send him a replacement watch is certainly generous....

Okay, I have over 50 reps collected in the past year. Almost all of them have been purchased from Josh or Andrew. Reps aren't perfect, thus about 10 watches have been returned for quality related issues. Every single watch had reached its destination in China. All watches were replaced or repaired very promptly, returned to me without a hitch. Every watch I have ordered have been delivered to me. Had a problem with customs once, and Joshua made a repair invoice for me that worked like a charm. Joshua and Andrew are my 2 favorite dealers. Maybe not always the cheapest, but the after sales service is second to none. ;)

Two sides to every story - always.

Well I know who I'm going to contact for my next watch after CNY.

Paul?????? ;)

Me too, actually. Corgi was kind enough to share where he bought his TT blue Sub -- a gorgeous piece. It'll be my mum's 3rd purchase with Jos Nana.

In short, dun be a Pug.

And as of right now that is exactly what needs to be determined....if indeed the watch is lost and not returned to Jos then he certaintly deserves his 55% if the buyer is trying to back out of the sale....the 55% should cover all or atleast a good portion of the cost of the watch plus what he has spent on shipping....that fact that he is willing to send him a replacement watch is certainly generous....

Absolutely so. I agree, the point has been made that return addresses on outgoing parcels are often incorrect, but, as someone else pointed out, there's nothing to stop correct return addresses being listed initially...

With regards the 55%, I'd still say that, if the watch doesn't make it back, then Josh would only be entitled to keep the cost of the watch from his supplier (so without any of the markup of the final price) and the shipping. Depending on the watch's cost price, that would of course vary the percentage due, and, as mentioned by Doc Savage, that markup can be considerable...

Indeed, the fact he was willing to ship a replacement was generous, and, to be fair, Josh has always made these kinds of offers. I think the problem is arising, because LJ wanted to actually cancel the deal and get a refund.

I think, as you say, the eventual fate of the watch needs to be determined, but to be fair to Josh, he has stood up and given his side of the story, and a very fair offer of replacement at the time.