When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wm Modded Milgauss 6541

XRT

***EXCELLENT*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nanuq, I have you to thank...as it was you who pointed out that the bezel assembly was not accurate on the rep (on both the Bond and MG). Fortunately for me, Michael Young's reproduction parts fit perfectly.

...here are some pics of the watch before Nanuq's inspiring comments:

(since the time of the pictures posted below, RBJ has repainted the dial markers that WM had initially vintagized, the arrow on the second hand is now painted red, the crystal was replaced, and the bezel assembly/insert was replaced)

71228-32513.jpg

71228-32514.jpg

Michael Young, isn´t him the hong kong watchmaster?

I think he was running a site called restoration.it.go

nice and rare watch.

Michael's site is www.classicwatchparts.com

I don't know about the site you mentioned.

Man... Now that is a beauty!! For sure, you've got one hell of a collection! :wub:

Michael Young, isn´t him the hong kong watchmaster?

I think he was running a site called restoration.it.go

nice and rare watch.

That is indeed the same Michael Young! restoration.itgo.com was his biz doing bracelet refinishing and the sort (prior to their merger with Multibytes).

• 2 weeks later...

I have been searching EVERYWHERE for this very watch. Does anyone have any clue as to where I can get it? I also like the bezel with the pearl. I contacted www.classicwatchparts.com and they say that they don't stock any parts or pieces for the Milgauss anymore.

• 9 months later...

Euno, thanks again for exhuming another great vintage thread :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Serves as a gentle reminder to me to get my act together (although I have not had any free time of late) and start progressing with my projects. I have a 'Gaussy myself, one of the old run silix 6541 - plan was to 'upgrade' to a 6542 GMT (mmmm, acrylic) but there's a few pangs of guilt about cannibalising my 'Gaussy in the process :unsure:

237975-10667.jpg

237975-10668.jpg

I have a 'Gaussy myself, one of the old run silix 6541 - plan was to 'upgrade' to a 6542 GMT (mmmm, acrylic) but there's a few pangs of guilt about cannibalising my 'Gaussy in the process :unsure:

my suggest...

Doc you know i have some 6541 in progress... one finished started from a MBW bought recently (tube, crown,cristal,gently aged dial ,lug holes drilled ,aged case and repolished,bezel insert changed...) .... and one starting from a gen case where i have put a 1030 R*l*x caliber that need only the gen hands and the gen bezel insert .... i am really proud of them... (obviosly more for the second one....)

but i'm planning to give away the first one to turn the money into my 6542 project.... i'm only wait to find a good case to start the 6542...but i will never ...never give away the second one cause i consider it one of the most beautifull R*l*x

so if you are glad about your 6541... keep it as now...

when someone (s*LiX probably ) will come out with the new vintage series of Bonds probably will come out some interesting news about people with a 6542 in mind like we are....

keep in touch

M