When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tony's Daytona

sssurfer

God is in the details. --Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Curious, here we say:

Devil lurks in the details. :lol:

Not a too bad clasp anyway, I would say.

But... Tony already emailed. :ninjastar:

I am constantly amazed with all the excellent info on this web site that people still ignore the known 100% trusted dealers and instead buy from scam sites. Even if you cant say they are SCAM they certainly are not trusted. Will you pay more..sure...but the watches are still great bargains and your backed by the dealers reputation. I have about rep 20 watches and they all work fine and tell time accuratly. I have bought them from Josh, Andrew, TTK, Angus and Narkia. Of the 20 or so maybe 4 arrived with a defect and in all cases I returned the watch to China and got an excellent replacement without issue. With rep watches we are buying a black market product so you really need to know the source and rely on that sources quality. Otherwise you will get nothing but empty promises and lies.

I am constantly amazed with all the excellent info on this web site that people still ignore the known 100% trusted dealers and instead buy from scam sites.

In this case, it has nothing to do with ignorance. sssurfer is a long-time RWG member & I believe he took a chance with this unknown seller because the seller posted pictures of the famed 1st version secs at 6 (thin case) Daytona, which seems to outlive most of the Daytonas sold by our trusted sellers. Unfortunately, in this case, it appears that this gamble did not pay off. You live & you learn.

In this case, it has nothing to do with ignorance. sssurfer is a long-time RWG member & I believe he took a chance with this unknown seller because the seller posted pictures of the famed 1st version secs at 6 (thin case) Daytona, which seems to outlive most of the Daytonas sold by our trusted sellers. Unfortunately, in this case, it appears that this gamble did not pay off. You live & you learn.

Exactly.

I also have to say that Tony performed outstandingly with me on several former deliverings.

Too bad he looks he's changing his way.

Heyy boys this threath is really really interesting with all the knowledge of freddy and sssurfer pics !!! The daytona isnt mine <_<<_<<_< this pics are from a review of one of the best sites of gen watches on Spain.

The clasp well the first thing is geneve vs geneva and a couple more little details, i thing this rep from tony has correct thing and other wrong like all the reps ! But with the help and knowledge of freddy we can get a better daytona mixes pieces from one watch to other.

I have a idea, we can put a list with the best thing of each daytona, for example: best dial : perfect clones best clasp: tony.... and then we can get a really good daytona changing pieces of the best two daytona in the market .

Sorry everybody for my bad english, Im from spain !!

Cheers and thankyou for your welcome Sssurfer and Fredy !!

I think that this kind of story can happen to anyone of us.

As far as I am concerned, there are no board trusted dealers, only member trusted dealers... This means I have stopped buying blindly from those listed here. I am buying from those our members or I have been successful with. Sometimes, they are the boards dealer, often they aren't. I have so many things to tell about them.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't blame them (all), because some are really good, and it's true that they at least have the advantage of knowing this business well. The problem of this knowledge is that it can be used against members : promising double AR coating where it's simple, promising unexisting servicing etc... That can't happen with someone who has no clue of what a PAM112 is ;)

Same old story.

I have permanently 25 watches home, and I bought/resold a lot already : statistically I had less problems with non board dealers, including Tony, until he took an other way (to be confirmed still...).

Compare to gen

dscn9733dx5.jpg

And you expect gen detail for rep prices ? (low rep prices at that) You're deluding yourself. These are replicas, not gens. The fine details, especially those on a part which is seldom seen, are hardly likely to be of the best qulity, and, given that they are seldom seen, not really important compared to things like dial details, and should hardly be considered thus ;)

I am constantly amazed with all the excellent info on this web site that people still ignore the known 100% trusted dealers and instead buy from scam sites. Even if you cant say they are SCAM they certainly are not trusted. Will you pay more..sure...but the watches are still great bargains and your backed by the dealers reputation.

I am constantly amazed that members like yourself, live under the delusion that Andrew and Josh can actually be trusted to deliver what they say they will. If you want to pay them extra for a watch to be serviced and waterproofed, go right ahead, knock yourself out. That's likely what you will be doing when the watch goes anywhere near water and starts leaking like a seive. Have people forgotten the Little White Lies, and The Time Has Come TO Say Something threads so soon?

At what point are people going to wake up and realize that just because someone PAYS to be a dealer here, that does not automatically make them trustworthy, infact, it just creates a false sense of security, given that the forum admin can do nothing whatsoever to make a dealer correct a bad deal. At least sites like eBay, iOffer, CQout, LoudFrog etc, enforce BANS on dealers who scam their clients. That still does not 100% guarantee that the dealers there are trustworthy, but, it does at least give confidence that they are more likely to be trustworthy, or they would not still be on the site. There is no such guarantee here whatsoever.

With rep watches we are buying a black market product so you really need to know the source and rely on that sources quality. Otherwise you will get nothing but empty promises and lies.

Absolutely so. That does not mean worshipping the 'Trusted Dealers', (as still goes on) it means making one's own enquiries, following leads provided by other members, and asking the right questions. Just because a dealer pays to have a presense here, that does not automatically mean that they are above question or with impeccable honesty. Just because a dealer does not pay to have a presense here as a 'trusted dealer', that does not automatically mean they are a scammer...

• 1 month later...

HAPPY END

I sent the watch back to Tony, and to my delight & surprise I received in exchange a Daytona latest generation, 28800 bph (verified), exactly like the one on sale @ 268 USD from "our" collectors.

So, in the end (and thanks to Tony!) this all came out with me getting a $268 + s/h watch @ $190. :blink:

As I am left speechless, I am going to leave any comments and thoughts to you... :)

HAPPY END

I sent the watch back to Tony, and to my delight & surprise I received in exchange a Daytona latest generation, 28800 bph (verified), exactly like the one on sale @ 268 USD from "our" collectors.

So, in the end (and thanks to Tony!) this all came out with me getting a $268 + s/h watch @ $190. :blink:

As I am left speechless, I am going to leave any comments and thoughts to you... :)

Great news indeed! :)

Now of course you have to post pictures of the new watch too :p

Now of course you have to post pictures of the new watch too :p

Oh well... It is exactly the one displayed in "our" dealers' websites... but i cannot leave such a kind request unsatisfied.

Going to post ASAP :)

Apologies on the long time it took (I am really slow at taking pics), but as we say here:

"All promises are debt".

Here they go.

newdaytonaxp5.jpg

newdaytonasidesb5.jpg

newdaytonaclaspph5.jpg

newdaytonawristshotqd9.jpg

Nice looking watch, thanks for the update, long may it tick for you ^_^

I never really realized before, but while the case is thicker than the gen, it is really the bezel that is much thicker and more angled, compared to the flatter gen bezel.......

We really won't ever get an accurate modern Daytona it seems! :mellow: