When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Today's Match Usa Vs Italy

lancelot

Agreed - but what a days football (er, Soccer!!) we had yesterday - sheer entertainment and class football. This will probably go down as one of the best ever. Cannot believe the amount of Yellow cards - but that's FIFA for you (corrupt bunch of assholes).

Looking forward to todays games - more excitement!! Can Australia do it???

Can Australia do it???

Well that depends, one plan being pondered by Guus is to rest some of his yellow carded players in a game he expects to lose so we will have close to a full strength team for the next match.

Ok......yes.....I am starting to show a glimmer of interest ;)

Ken

I would totally agree with that - I singled out the US for praise as the least football mad nation with a chance of going through to the knockout rounds. Best game for me so far was the Argentina v Serbia game - Argentina could/will definitley be a finalist and likely winner!

i agree - the elbow was completely classless.

i would have said the argentina vs. s&m (i coined that by the way) match was the best so far, but the complete lack of effort from s&m in the second half took away a bit for me. i guess once you get to the point of complete and utter decimation effort goes out the window. it was great to see messi and tevez (my favorite from his boca days) and that was a thrill as well.

ghana had some amazing opportunities and could have easily come away with 3 or 4 goals. great great match!

one interesting stat on sportscenter last night had the usa in the world cup a clear cut favorite as far as 'what are you interested in' over both the NBA finals and the us open.

Did the US take Freddy Adu along? It would be a kick in the teeth to Ghana to have to face him, but if they did I'd be wanting Ghana to win.