When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Pam 104

lanikai

Here is my 104 returned from Canada

Let the pics speak for themselves

post-2172-1204166664_thumb.jpg ... there is no trace that the sausage numerals have been re-lumed

post-2172-1204166895_thumb.jpg... DW swap.. swapped "correct" DW with "Lello DW" .. now it is correct B) .. the mag seems to function better with the Lello font and printing.. before lellos DW the font on the factory DW was distorted .. the cyclops is the rep as this is a sanwich crystal

post-2172-1204166963_thumb.jpg...Genuine crown swap

post-2172-1204166979_thumb.jpg...spacing looking good

post-2172-1204166997_thumb.jpg ... Nice job of AR by the rep maker,.. crystal does disappear

post-2172-1204167387_thumb.jpg

...These Lume shots were taken in daylight indoors with 400 exposure.. note: the dial was held to the window for about 10 seconds

post-2172-1204167066_thumb.jpg . before the shots were taken.. :D

thank you Ziggy and J.........

post-2172-1204167015_thumb.jpg

looks great lani. how is it keeping time? i was thinking of doing the same. no need for relume, just a lello datewheel was what i was thinking.

the AR does look good. enjoy the watch.

it just arrived back today.. and since ziggy had it .. I am not even checking on the mechanics... it's kind of Automatic with Zig...

I cannot even tell the numerals have been relumed.. amazing.. :o

but lello's DW makes all the difference in the world as far as clarity .. who would think the printing of the font could play such a role huh ?? .. must be macro placement on the DW .. purely centered etc.

That is the most beautiful example I ever saw of one of my favourite models, lani!

Congrats!

it just arrived back today.. and since The Zigmeister had it .. I am not even checking on the mechanics... it's kind of Automatic with Zig...

I cannot even tell the numerals have been relumed.. amazing.. :o

but lello's DW makes all the difference in the world as far as clarity .. who would think the printing of the font could play such a role huh ?? .. must be macro placement on the DW .. purely centered etc.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Lanikai - i know that I am pulling a thread back from ancient history - but wanted to ask a question about the Genuine Crown Swap and the Spacing on your Ultimate 104. When you had The Zigmeister change this - what was involved? Was it just the crown - or did he have to do something special to the lever, etc to get that spacing.

I have a similar problem - and a genuine crown - but was wondering if there was anything else that I needed to get - like rubber washers, etc?

Thanks!

post-2172-1204166963_thumb.jpg...Genuine crown swap

post-2172-1204166979_thumb.jpg...spacing looking good

thank you The Zigmeister and J.........

• 3 months later...

Let the pics speak for themselves

post-2172-1204166664_thumb.jpg ... there is no trace that the sausage numerals have been re-lumed

I have a Question.. Why is this PAM 104 called the 'Best Version' or "Ultimate 104" when the '6' on the dial is a closed 6, whereas the Gen 104 has an open '6'? :o

I mean.. isn't that a bigger giveaway than the split "L Swiss Made L"?? Not to mention the 'Swiss Made' is too close to the 6... :huh:

dogman_pam_104_1.jpg

I have a Question.. Why is this PAM 104 called the 'Best Version' or "Ultimate 104" when the '6' on the dial is a closed 6, whereas the Gen 104 has an open '6'? :o

The "6" is open on 104 F-G-H series, closed on other series.

Not to mention the 'Swiss Made' is too close to the 6... :huh:

Lanikai's "l swiss made l" placement is correct to some 104J pieces.

If you want a "l swiss made l" placement correct to the majority of 104 models you should go with a DSN 104.

In this case you also get a correct serial number, but a slightly too rounded crown, and a slightly too thin caseback border.

The "6" is open on 104 F-G-H series, closed on other series.

Lanikai's "l swiss made l" placement is correct to some 104J pieces.

If you want a "l swiss made l" placement correct to the majority of 104 models you should go with a DSN 104.

In this case you also get a correct serial number, but a slightly too rounded crown, and a slightly too thin caseback border.

Interesting... Thanks sssurfer and rolli, I didn't realize that there were different series... :g:

With that, what are the major differences between a DSN 104 (~$280 USD) from this 'Ultimate 104' (~$400)? :huh:

Which 104 would you recommend/prefer?

Thanks again,

:drinks:

I mean.. isn't that a bigger giveaway than the split "L Swiss Made L"?? Not to mention the 'Swiss Made' is too close to the 6... :huh:

dogman_pam_104_1.jpg

Both open and closed 6 are correct.

Open loop number 6 on PAM104 is 'anomaly' which was present only during the first 2 edition serie. Since then the closed loop 6 became a norm on 104, so nothing to worry about.

Edited by babola