When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

100% accurate PAM 1A & 2A T Swiss T dials

PAMman

If indeed we can commission a rep PAM that you can confidently wear anywhere, I'm definitely in!

I guess the next step is to 1.) find a trustworthy dealer who'll get the ball rolling 2.) get a list of those interested and collect the deposits.

So I'll start the list here....

Those who are interested in putting a 50% deposit for a PAM 001 T dial

1. Ztech

2. PAMman 6+

Please repost and add your name. You all know what to do.

DISCLAIMER!

Once you decide to get on the list and put down your deposit, there is no turning back. If you do, you loose your deposit.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question is directed at the veterans who might know this, but what else would it take to make the "ultimate" rep?

1. PAM 001 T dial

What else? Is there a specific, case, movement, etc.?

Maybe we could have a dealer assemble an entire watch?

Normal rep SS case is fine,

Any Swiss or Asian 6497 (original Swiss ETA is correct)

Correct solid caseback (existing rep B series is OK but A series would be better)

Good thick crown

Normal rep CG is correct

If an accurate dial was assembled into a normal rep case with a good thick crown and the regular polished CG and the existing rep solid caseback then we would have the most accurate handwind rep.

Edited by PAMman

I am down for two of each, two 1As and two 2As...that's four. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a gen Base at this point, and probably will, but would love to put together a couple nice projects. I think we could EASILY hit 100 units, maybe even 200 without much effort if it can happen.

Well it looks like there are lots of people behind this and it would prove a popular seller, but what we need is a manufacter behind this, has anybody mailed our collectors in particular DSN?

DSN hasn't reproduced anything accurately so far, despite having access to manufacturing facilities. I want to take this to someone who has proved their willingness to fine tune their product until it's right. How can we access the dialmaker who produced the latest Aquatimer dial or the Omega Seamaster chrono for example? Which dealer is best at outsourcing this type of custom work?

DSN hasn't reproduced anything accurately so far, despite having access to manufacturing facilities. I want to take this to someone who has proved their willingness to fine tune their product until it's right. How can we access the dialmaker who produced the latest Aquatimer dial or the Omega Seamaster chrono for example? Which dealer is best at outsourcing this type of custom work?

I have no idea who is doing the work but DSN seems to be the only person who is willing to do some thing other than just churn out the usual, the only collector who seems to be inside any thing. Next would be Silix as he has managed a number of his own projects but i am not sure if he can get the quality that is demanded by a project like this. We are very picky people when it comes down to it.

I dunno, this one's pretty good:

DSCF0828.jpg

That DSN 010D is very nice.... has the correct D series caseback that would work well with a 002.

If I remember correctly, DSN had input from a member to get the engravings correct.

Guilty as charged ;) Although it was a joint effort with enzo involved on the caseback graphics design.

But it was a rocky road, fortunately this project ended up as one of the best ones from DSN factory. The dial (previous gen 010/114 dial with correct txt spacing under 6 o'clock, and larger numerals) is one of the best Luminor rep dials I've seen, the Luminor Panerai comes with high crossbar on letter A.

Dial is of standard thinner DSN kind, so this model being a Base, doesn't require high cannon pin upgrade, the standard height one fist just fine.

The lume is pure and unadultered C3, but not yellow or green in appearance, just the way it should be for that series. Hands lume perfectly matches the 1-hour lume dots on the dial. Lot of effort, but at the end it paid off, IMO.

Simply awesome rep, love it to bits.

Expect to see more of these closed-caseback PAM historics in the near future, DSN is out of E and H-series decorated OPX/OPXII mov'ts and is now concentrating primarily on closed backs ones.

cheers,

babola

For the Noobes, like me, is it possible to post some pictures of the gens that we are talking about? I'm new to PAMs. I have one and absolutely love it but still not familier with all the 1A/2A/1B/002/005 etc.

If it is at all possible, it would be greately appreciated and will also spur-up the demand and interest after looking at the pics.

thanks

Someone correct me if I get this wrong, but hopefully this helps.

PAM1A1-1.jpg

PAM2A1-1.jpg

Guilty as charged ;) Although it was a joint effort with enzo involved on the caseback graphics design.

Knew it was you... just didnt want to name drop just in case it was inappropriate.

Anyway, any chance of working with DSN to produce the dials mentioned?

He has a 2D caseback and a zero sausage dial to work with.

They just need to be refined and better text printing.

Also, the rep base sausage 112 and 000 are actually really nice and accurate... just need correct "A" text and proper "L Swiss L" spacing.

Unfortunately, they are no longer being made.

I agree that a closed caseback will be the best bet and you can throw a real swiss movement to boot. I'd be interested. I see a lot of interest as anyone would expect, but what is the game plan? Realistically you need a gen in the hand of the person who is versed in coming up with CAD plans or something like that. I mean isn't that how these super reps come about? Someone buys a gen, they take it apart and reverse engineer every step as best as they can. Shortcuts are inevitable and these are the flaws that we find on the boards.

Edited by Sweattdogg

Are we talking about doing both the 1A and 2A or just the 1A or the 2A? I'm really interested in the 2A, but am a bit indifferent about the 1A (for some reason I just don't like the little second hand - it throws off the symmetry). Anyway, this would be important to me. I'd probably buy a 1A, but would purchase several 2As (depending on the price, up to 6+).

Just to let anyone know that Lello already found a source for dial printing in EU, and he is currently testing their skill and accuracy.

I saw a 090 dial sample, it curiously revealed an outstanding overall quality (exceptional crispness and precision) oddly coupled with some incredible faults in the design of some most relevant features like the shape of the number "6".

Nothing that cannot be avoided by constantly staying after the maker and checking his work step by step, I bet. The opposite (no gross mistake but cheap print quality) would have been much worse, IMO.

Also, before taking final judgements on Davidsen's dials, I humbly suggest you take a look at his next watches (to be released on March, hopely). You might get pleasantly surprised -- on some of them at least.

@PAMman: I suppose you mentioned the 027 rep dial just as an example of good print quality. Lacking the "sunken" power reserve gauge, I would actually feel it not so very accurate as a whole...

@PAMman: I suppose you mentioned the 027 rep dial just as an example of good print quality. Lacking the "sunken" power reserve gauge, I would actually feel it not so very accurate as a whole...

Yes, sorry I thought that I had made that distinction. I was simply commenting on the quality of the dial in terms of standards of finish. The rep doesn't have the sunken PR scale and has the droopy A so the accuracy isn't good but the finish is on a par with the gen.

I don't have a problem with Davidsen producing the dials providing someone can insist on 100% accuracy. I agree that his 010 dial was the best that he ever produced but he just seems to be too happy to simply provide a 'different' product rather than a better one. For example I have one of his PAM 116. The case is good, the caseback is thin and the engravings look cheap and nasty, the crown is quite good, the CG is totally wrong and poorly finished - nowhere nearly as good as normal reps, the dial is a joke and the movement is a stunning Swiss CdG decorated movement of the highest quality. As you may have guessed I bought this from another member simply for the movement then was pleasantly surprised by the case and replaced the caseback with a normal Ti caseback and will replace the dial soon. If I get a decent Ti CG then I will have a good watch but it won't be a typical Davidsen.

Edited by PAMman