When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Questions on IWC Aquatimer Chrono

alant

Hi dear all, I understand the IWC Slevin Aquatimer chrono was launched few months back (for both the rubber strap version as well as the stainless steel bracelet version). But it seems there aren't much feedback on these watches compared to the Cousteau Divers 2006/2007. I did read that the Cousteau Divers for the movements, the rotor letterings are actually stickers and may fall off any time whereas for the Slevin Aquatimers, the letterings are actually engraved onto the rotors, is that true? And the Slevin Aquatimers are 42mm whereas the Cousteau Divers are 44mm so could it be the smaller size of the Aquatimers so they are not so popular? Or are they not that well made and doesn't feel and looks like their genuine counterparts? And feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D

Yes, you are correct on most everything you mentioned..Coustaeu is 44mm, slevin is 42..Rotor stickers vs. engraved on the slevin..The AR on the SS slevin appears to be better (IMO) than the coustaeu AR..

Here's mine on a genuine rubber strap

rubber3.jpg

on SS

slev55.jpg

slevinbox1.jpg

The slevin is extremely well made..Almost identical in every aspect to the genuine..Only thing it needs is the ETA day/dw's and than they are virtually indistinguishable from the genuine article

Thanks for the feedback and pictures UB7! I like that Slevin! Did you changed the date wheel for your Slevin? So those that comes from the factory, they tend to be misaligned? By the way is it easy and where to get those ETA day/date date wheels?

Nope, the 1 in those pictures is the stock day/dw..I'm waiting on my ETA's from watchpark.co.uk, they should be here anyday now..The stock dw's are actually really not that bad but yes they tend to be misaligned on some days

Thanks for the info UB7! By the way is the website watchpart? And when I get my Slevin I hope you don't mind me asking you which day wheel and date wheel to get. By the way, may I know which dealer did you get your Slevin from? Thanks.

The part number is:

Valjoux Cal. 7750 2556 in watchpart.co.uk. It shouldn't be that hard to find; it's one of their top 5 parts ordered on the front page.

Cousins UK has them as well; and I think Jules Borel in the USA might have them as well; if you call.

and FYI, There's a

As UB7 recommended, get the Slevin on SS. The AR on that piece is four-folds better than the Slevin on Rubber and also the plus points all mentioned above.

If you are in the USA, I recommend Super Mirrors, but he's a dealer on another forum. Located in the US, and if you are in the US, you'll get watch in 2-3 days or so.

If you are also replacing day/date discs, make sure you also order a retaining ring as many people have said this crucial part is missing on the A7750. Without this part, you run the risk of the daywheel running out of alignment (happened to me when I made the mistake of setting the time between 8PM - 12AM).

Hi dear all, I understand the IWC Slevin Aquatimer chrono was launched few months back (for both the rubber strap version as well as the stainless steel bracelet version). But it seems there aren't much feedback on these watches compared to the Cousteau Divers 2006/2007. I did read that the Cousteau Divers for the movements, the rotor letterings are actually stickers and may fall off any time whereas for the Slevin Aquatimers, the letterings are actually engraved onto the rotors, is that true? And the Slevin Aquatimers are 42mm whereas the Cousteau Divers are 44mm so could it be the smaller size of the Aquatimers so they are not so popular? Or are they not that well made and doesn't feel and looks like their genuine counterparts? And feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D

.... some how I am sharing the same feeling and impression.

I have spoted this watch as my next purchase ... and it seems that there is hardly any input to this.

It seems that only UB/ has this watch ..... whom of cource we thank for his

• 2 weeks later...
Nice picture Pug... the slevin and the iPhone :wub:

Great watch :) I read the review earlier today Pug... tucked away on another page sadly, but I was persistent and found it .. thanks!

The iPhone though....after much research I got the Nokia N82 which is just great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I admit part of it was for the camera, as I could never carry an SLR with me when I know I'll need to take some off-the-cuff pics. Also the potentially large storage space upto 32gb memory cards and other things :)

Great watch :) I read the review earlier today Pug... tucked away on another page sadly, but I was persistent and found it .. thanks!

The iPhone though....after much research I got the Nokia N82 which is just great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I admit part of it was for the camera, as I could never carry an SLR with me when I know I'll need to take some off-the-cuff pics. Also the potentially large storage space upto 32gb memory cards and other things :)

Sorry if this is OT, but let's see some nice wristies from your N82, mate! ;)

Sorry if this is OT, but let's see some nice wristies from your N82, mate! ;)

You're right... I'll have to take some soon... but got a wedding to go to today. Not mine!