When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big watches?

leeson43

I've not posted on here a lot over the past 2 years but have read a lot. i know more then ill ever need to know about rolex/breitling/omega/panerai/tag etc but not enough about the lesser known brands. I own a number of watches but only one rep which is a decent but way too common sub. I'm on the lookout a big watch.

i have some smart watches, some sporty but not one that i can wear on a night out with a tshirt or jumper etc thats slightly casual. im looking for suggestions for brands and models of watches that are 45mm+, NOT on a metal strap, maybe diver style (panerai/uboat) but i'm also open to suggestions?

thanks!

looks like a nice watch but again looks quite "formal" kindof. im leaning more towards things that are quite "obscure"/not so mainstream with its design.

also sorry i didnt mention it but im after something that isnt too heavily priced or a rep that has a reliable movement.

thanks again guys

Not a rep but the other day I saw the watch I must have one day, it's a Fortis and it's one big mutha.

I have a couple of 49mm Pams and I have to say they are pedestrian against this Fortis which I can only guess was around 56mm, it's a chrono with a carbon fiber dial and the guy who was wearing it said it cost him a little over 3G but I forgot to ask him what model it was and i've been looking for it since to no avail. :(

Ken

Is this BIG enough for you?

55 mm.

I think the cg cover is for your whiskey or rum.

Link, http://www.wernersflyingwatches.com/products.asp?ProID=303

BIGwatch.jpg

Or this one ?

bigwatch2.jpg

This one might be a tad small at 47 mm.

But the crown guards are NICE and BEEFY.

bigwatch3.jpg

Though if you wanted the "ultimate," how about this ?

Worldslargestwristwatch.jpg

wow! there horrible! look like a 20$ quartz pos with some grenades screwed to them :p

hope people dont think im been a bit picky when asking for your suggestions, to be more specific i like: panerai (radiomir and fiddy), HBB, Uboat.

anyone think of anybrands/watches reps that have quite an untraditional design but still manage to look good?

thanks

wow! there horrible! look like a 20$ quartz pos with some grenades screwed to them :p

thanks

No, they are all SWISS automatic movements !!!! :D:D

The last one even tells the time in Dhaka, and Rio de Janiro. ( great for divers anywhere ).

I'm a big watch fan myself, I have to be with my wrists and hands. Here's a few to consider, assuming you already have a Planet Ocean Big Size and a PAM127 (or 217):

Chopard GTXL (45mm)

Superocean Heritage (46mm)

Bell & Ross BR01 series (46mm square)

These are big and have crown guards:

Graham Chronofighter

Audemars Piguet T3

Mont Blanc (I forget which model)

I'd suggest a Panerai 127. Very versatile, and, depending on the strap you wear it on, it will go with anything. For an even more casual look, I'd suggest the Panerai submersible/Arktos (not sure which it is) with '1000' on the dial. Freaking awesome watch.