When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Marine 'threw puppy from cliff'

Dani

Give me 2mins whit him and his friend

Here is the VID

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2008/03/04/528701.html

Ill bring my friends dogs and make it a party that even satan woud be proud of.

That guy in the video is a sadistic jerk! Please don't judge all U.S. Marines by what you saw in the video. In the U.S. news it has been reported that the Marine has been identified and will be delt with.

I knew this was going to be posted here so I rushed to respond. This has already been debunked pretty successfully; the dog does not move when being held in a clearly uncomfortable position (as any living cognizant dog would be) and the yelping sounds do not fade correctly. Furthermore, are you sure those uniforms are marine?

In case someone is fast forwarding through this thread without paying attention:

The "dog" is not alive when thrown.

Edited by Corgi

That guy in the video is a sadistic jerk! Please don't judge all U.S. Marines by what you saw in the video. In the U.S. news it has been reported that the Marine has been identified and will be delt with.

I support the US trops where they are, i em not one of the large % of euro citizens that have turned anti USA, even if i dont agree on the war its their so no need to turn our backs to the men and women in the army they are only doing their job :)

I dont agree whit much of the way the US gov does things but i do support the people of the US, eey i have like 4mill from my country their :lol:

But this dude and his friend, a small cage loked and toghter whit this 2 puppys woud make me a happy camper.

cerignola3sa7.jpg

Cheers

Give me 2mins whit him and his friend

I can't click on this, Dani. It would break my heart (even if it were a Taliban doing it).

Just to note that this Marine is apparently from Hawaii. EDIT: Another report is that he's stationed in Hawaii, but that he's from Monroe, Washington State.

I cannot believe after all the stray dogs the Marines have adopted in almost 4 years of being in Iraq, of the manifold treats they've given to animals because the locals didn't have them -- that this should be the face of the USMC.

This plays to the Redacted crowd, to the Valley of Elah crowd, who are only too willing to believe the worst of the military (any military).

I'm checking the blogs as we speak, for more info. MSM are hopeless.

LOL!!!

That dog was obviously already dead and if you don't realize this then I feel sorry for you.

Honestly, I don't find this funny whatsoever , and the fact that the dog was dead is immaterial in my opinion

Dead dog or not, this video is in very very bad taste.

I have a warped sense of humor, and am very open minded.

I make fun of everyone equally - even myself.

And am also of the school "if you can't take a joke, to bad for you"

But throwing a dog off a cliff for real, is very different that telling a dead dog joke.

Honestly, I don't find this funny whatsoever , and the fact that the dog was dead is immaterial in my opinion

You apparently don't understand that throwing a dead dog around is not illegal then.

Bad taste? Sure... Will he get in trouble for it? Not if it was dead.

Dude, the fact that its legal/illegal - dead/or alive is SO FAR FROM THE POINT! Please do not even attempt to justify what that assh*le did..Please..I'm not going to argue with you. And yes of course he's going to get in trouble for it, turn on the news and look at the statement the military released. Not to mention that his address somehow got posted on the internet, he's received dozens of death threats, people threatening to burn his house down..etc..He will be tormented for the rest of his life, and honestly, he deserves every second of it. I have absolutely no tolerance for people who abuse animals (dead or alive)..Sorry but this just hits really close to home for me, as my dog was abused by her previous owner

I see this thread descending needlessly into something else now, so I'm outties.

Agreed. I'm not responding to this thread anymore

Apparently the dog was dead, and I don't know about you, but I am even more sentimental about dead things, than living ones. Failing a clarification, this Marine should be shipped back home.

I had a dog die when we were in Brazil. I came downstairs in tears, and the porter (a young man, probably not much older than this one, and typical for building porters in Rio, from the Northeast, illiterate and dumb as a post besides) said:

"Throw it down the garbage chute. Why pay for the vet to remove it, when the rats will eat it overnight"

It took EVERY ounce of humanity inside me not to throttle him on the spot. :angry: :angry:

So he's ok killing people, but not throwing dead animals?

Oh Pugwash...his job isn't to kill, it's to defend. I see this thread descending needlessly into something else now, so I'm outties.

Y'all know where I stand expressed in the post above.

Tossing a pile of dead matter around does not warrant millions of dollars of media coverage or millions of people getting upset.

Nor does it warrant death threats.

Get a [censored]ing grip people. Of course what he did was ridiculous, but the response is EVEN MORESO.

Ah finally the thread is getting interesting ;)

I just love the outrage some people have over the most stupid of stuff.

Dead dogs are tossed into incinerators every day by people who genuinely care about them. Dogs are gassed or given lethal injections by societies that genuinely care about animals. This is a daily occurrence at dog pounds and the like.

Yet one puppy is shown as a casualty of war and all hell breaks loose. What about the soldiers being photographed with corpses? What about hunters playing with their kills?

It's just a dead dog, people. Take a good look at yourselves and can't you see you're being played?

Welcome to the internet where faux-outrage will get you the respect of your peers. Sheesh.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I am of the opinion as a former US Marine who has played in the streets of Baghdad that this guy needs to be seriously reprimanded for his actions. NOT because he threw a dead dog into what very possibly could have been an open grave designed for that purpose. Or that he did it so brazenly. BUT because he was stupid enough to have it filmed and then released to the media.

The US Marine Corp has a hard enough time dealing with the media interpretation of things happening in Iraq. We don't need ass hats like this running around making it worse.

The US Marine Corp has a hard enough time dealing with the media interpretation of things happening in Iraq. We don't need ass hats like this running around making it worse.

Agreed, but you must know how boring it can get over there. I hear it's long periods of boredom interspersed with short periods of people trying to kill you.

Imagine what three dumb bored marines with a video camera would do. Or, you don't even need to imagine it. This is a perfect example.

Dead or alive it was in bad taste, still no need to get our panties in a bunch. And about the USA bashing (before it starts) No country is free from spilling blood, it just soo happens were up to bat this inning.