When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first 1665 GW

athan

Last week I have received a very nice package with a 1665 GW. The vendor claims that it's a real MBK, but I don't have the experience to tell.

(Senior members please help me out with this).

My first impression about the watch was great and the initial feel was superb and still is.

So far I don

post-4284-1204647546_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1204647751_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1204647780_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1204647799_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1204647820_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1204647840_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1204647856_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1204648374_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1204648609_thumb.jpg

Edited by athan

The bracelet extension is absolutely not correct for this vintage 1665.

:o

Are you sure it's from MBW and nor MBW CN copy??

I don't have the experience to tell. I bought it from Narikaa and he shipped it to me in an MBK bug (see attachment), put I guess this can be easily arranged :g:

post-4284-1204648961_thumb.jpg

looks good - congrats !

don't worry about the bracelet - in the gen world the bracelet would

be exchanged already (after 25 - 30 years of wear ;) )

and tritium would be not glowing any more.

Frank

I don't understand why they keep sending these watches with a Modern Divers extension, I have one from Paso that was a fiasco. MBW WSD with a bracelet made of two different bracelet, moderm sub divers extension part of polished sides bracelet. What a joke the only usable part is the head of the watch. So why did I paid top dollars for something that I can not even wear.

Just My two cents

I have a MBW 1680 and 1665GW both from TTK. I bought these about a year ago. Both have hollow link braclets with what I believe are correct divers extensions for these watches. (non locking) I think the bracelet is one of the strong parts of the watch...very much gen look and feel. Its the MBW modern subs that come with the crappy solid mid link bracelets. There is something about THAT watch pictured above that does not look correct. CG are really thick..much more so than mine.

It is a common method to send MBK's with 16520 or similarly stamped bracelets. That happens very often. And that shitty solid link rivet band is nothing better. Grab a gen and end the discussion. :)

I agree with Rep on this one. It deserves a gen bracelet :)

I agree with Rep on this one. It deserves a gen bracelet :)

you guys are crazy :lol:

okay - maybe after gen insert, topic, crown, cgs, lug holes, spring bars, date wheel and slow beat movement :D

It is a common method to send MBK's with 16520 or similarly stamped bracelets. That happens very often. And that shitty solid link rivet band is nothing better. Grab a gen and end the discussion. :)

I agree with you. The least they can do is send a complete bracelet not one made of two totally different ones, not like I will use but at least I could sell it for some $$ instead of throwing it away.