When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats up with Panerai preA/preV strap prices ...$1000, 2000, 3000 ?

milsub5517

Those straps are not for rep owners.. Not even for normal gen owners like most of us.

It is for people who spent 25.000$ for a 201/A which is for the untrained eye essentialy the same as a 2500$ 000 logo.

Does a 201/A worth 10 times the 000? Does the strap of the 201/A worth 10 times the normal strap? Everything is in the eye of the beholder.

Again, it depends on the target market. If I had a 201/A as a collectors piece maybe buying ths strap for 2000$ would make my watch sell for 5000$ more if you know what I mean ;)

didn't know that there are straps for "normal gen owners" like you that are not for normal rep owners like me (and most of us)? :lol:

Well YES.. those straps are not for 'us' ;)

They are collector's pieces to complete expensive watches. It has nothing to do with beauty or the leather.

I would say they are not necessarily just for collectors. Have you ever priced an OEM SS Rolex bracelet, or looked at the difference in price between a leather strap IWC and the bracelet version? The premium is another $1000 just to UPGRADE...and the Rollie bracelets can be in the 4 digits.

Check out the A. Lange & Sohne catalogue...you will see OEM straps an what not going for sickly amounts of money.

Welcome to the world of reps.

sry but i have simpel answer PANERAI is overpriced watches and the straps is just the new thing to be overpriced in the panerai sirkus.

I can easy afford a panerai gen but as it is nope, they are so overpriced look at JLC their you see ART and craftmanship that i em willing to pay for.

Cheers,

Agreed the price of the original Pav straps have gone higher than coconuts lately. The same goes for the 127-217 and older Pvd models as of late.

Once the gate opened with those escalating prices, the new bar was set.

I`m with kruzer00, nice to have some of that leather in the house. B)

Pizzanooo.

I once owned a GP Seahawk Pro diver. It was my grail and when I finally got her I was high for a bit. It was all good till I went to purchase the SS bracelet for her and was told that it would cost me $4K. I was so angered by that outright JACK that I ended up selling the watch. I know that some peole have more money than sense, but come on... If it smells like [censored] and looks like [censored]... it usually is. It doesn't matter that I can afford such a thing, I just won't play into their snobbery. They can't make me belive that their SS bracelet is so well designed and made that it should cost $3,900.00 more than a regular $100 SS bracelet you can pick up anywhere. I guess all that is what sort of brought me here to the rep world. Sadly, I'm learning that the rep world aint cheap either.

Cheers!

I once owned a GP Seahawk Pro diver. It was my grail and when I finally got her I was high for a bit. It was all good till I went to purchase the SS bracelet for her and was told that it would cost me $4K. I was so angered by that outright JACK that I ended up selling the watch. I know that some peole have more money than sense, but come on... If it smells like [censored] and looks like [censored]... it usually is. It doesn't matter that I can afford such a thing, I just won't play into their snobbery. They can't make me belive that their SS bracelet is so well designed and made that it should cost $3,900.00 more than a regular $100 SS bracelet you can pick up anywhere. I guess all that is what sort of brought me here to the rep world. Sadly, I'm learning that the rep world aint cheap either.

Well.. welcome to the world of luxury goods.. where there is no sense involved ;)