When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newest Sea Dweller from Sead--slightly better than my last.

gioarmani

Here's the newest & best version of the SSD I've seen yet; I picked it up from a dealer over @ Repgeek named Sead:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=14930

Better bracelet, better cut (and thicker!!) bezel than my other that you've seen pictured so often on here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=58717

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65712

This bezel is much, much closer to the gen. If he can get his hands on more models exactly like this one, I highly suggest you pick one of these up. I'm unclear as to whether the other suppliers have upgraded the bezel as well.

Enjoy.

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0286-2.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0290-2.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

For comparison's sake, here's the old bezel:

IMG_0309.jpg

And here's the new:

IMG_0307.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

This is a very interesting observation. I have had three SSD and have just compared pics of all three. The current one has this new bezel the other two are much thinner. I think POSSIBLY even thinner than the other one that you show. The bracelet is also much better on the last one as you have shown.

For what it's worth I just chatted with Andrew from Trusty and he assured me his is the Best Super Sea Dweller. He hasn't let me down yet so I ordered one tonight. Will let you all know and post pics when it arrives. ANTICIPATION......ANTICIPAAAAAAATION

For what it's worth I just chatted with Andrew from Trusty and he assured me his is the Best Super Sea Dweller. He hasn't let me down yet so I ordered one tonight. Will let you all know and post pics when it arrives. ANTICIPATION......ANTICIPAAAAAAATION

They're all the exact same watch, regardless of the dealer; it just depends on who gets the newest batch from Guangzhou.

The last one I got from Andrew is the one in the thinner comparison shot above.

They're all the exact same watch, regardless of the dealer; it just depends on who gets the newest batch from Guangzhou.

That's the problem.....I think it all depends on which barrel they pull the bezels out of that day.

@tanya - FWIW, every dealer will tell you they have the best version of whatever you are asking about. I never believe the hype.

That's the problem.....I think it all depends on which barrel they pull the bezels out of that day.

@tanya - FWIW, every dealer will tell you they have the best version of whatever you are asking about. I never believe the hype.

Understood there is no honor among thieves just saying the guy has not let me down yet. There is always a first. We shall see!!

• 3 weeks later...

Angus is listing this new improved bezel model and posted one off to me today so we will see when it comes. I have the first gen rep plus next week I should have a gen to compare too if the deal comes off.

When I asked Joshua about it he dismissed it as rubbish and said we are now on the 3rd production run but was not aware of any real difference in models! I guess he is not the man to buy from on this occasion!

The thickness of the bezel of my new ssd is between your old and new version :unsure: And crystal doesnt stick out too much like yours, mine has also a gen insert and crystal thickness is just like the gen..

Marked red is the crstal rehaut, is very thin by me, even thinner than your last version

Marked green thickness of upper bezel thicker, but not as thick as your last version

I also think theres also minimal differences in gens depending production year.

img0309jz4.jpg