When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Taking someone's pictures without permission.

RWG Technical

I don't get [censored] off very often, did anyone else see this on RWI?

Member Horolgy_Unitas stole my pictures of the FM lume I did up this week, and it looks as if he posted them as his own?

He never gave me credit, and don't know why he would actually take the pictures and move them to his own photobucket album, and when members commented on what a nice job "he did", he never corrected them and said that someone else did the work, or that the watch was not actually his own.

I can understand not wanting to use my name on RWI (persona non-gratis to some over there) but if he wanted to do this, all he would have had to do, was to ask me, and not use my pics and save them in his photobucket album without my permission.

Intentional or not, it doesn't look good to me. Omission can be dishonest as well.

http://www.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewt...f=1&t=37571

RG

I don't think there's anything more frustrating than plagiarism.

I once wrote a sample story to a magazine, heard absolutely nothing back, and, not three months later, saw a photoshoot which followed the plot I'd written to near perfection. Not really something I could have done anything about at the time, but yeah, never nice to see one's work ripped off by others.

Was he trying to pass it off as his own? Or just not bothering to mention who did the relume? Does look a bit fishy the way he has mentioned how hard it is to get the lume right around the numbers, but maybe just not mentioned you The Zigmeister as you are not well liked over there? Then a comeback to say it was in fact done by the master, once everyone voted it was a great job? But rather suspicious none the less, with the way it was worded - makes it seem like it was his own work anyway...

What the hell is member threadlocker talking about?

There are substantial mistakes on many of the numbers (white spots). Most notably on the 11, 12, 1, 4. Also, the hour hand looks a bit fuzzy. I would give it a 5.5, if I was the customer. However, I am not flaming what-so-ever. I could not even get a rating of a 1, if I tried this.

Looks PERFECT to me.

BTW: as I read it Zig, I don't think he was trying to pass the work off as his own. I think he was trying to get an unsolicited opinion of the work without revealing the artisan. Some of the people who responded, knew it was your work.

I agree, still very poor form to use someone else's work and not be forthcoming where he got the pics.

Well maybe it's my french brain...but why did he steal my pics, post them in his own photobucket album, not mention anywhere that these belonged to anyone but him.

I'll tell you, with all the scamming and ways members are willing to defraud other members out of their money, this is just the thing I need to call it quits all together.

Here I though I was doing something to add to the forum, only to find out someone is willing to take what isn't theirs, and pass it off as their own.

I still don't get how he stole the pics and maintained the same resolution as I had, I didn't think you could do that with photobucket...

This really upsets me, it really does.

RG

Ziggy-

Chill out. :lol: There will always be scumbags. And I still can't tell whether he was claiming he did it. Although other idiots claimed he did and he did nothing to tell the truth. In any case it is ridiculous that he is posting it if he is not the owner.

Most importantly, I see that folks had already clearly stepped up over there to point out who's work it is. And I would be remiss if I didn't post the very first Ziggy FM. To this day it is one of my favorite Ziggy relumes:

IMGP0365.jpg

The Zigmeister-

Chill out. :lol: There will always be scumbags. And I still can't tell whether he was claiming he did it. Although other idiots claimed he did and he did nothing to tell the truth. In any case it is ridiculous that he is posting it if he is not the owner.

Most importantly, I see that folks had already clearly stepped up over there to point out who's work it is. And I would be remiss if I didn't post the very first The Zigmeister FM. To this day it is one of my favorite The Zigmeister relumes:

IMGP0365.jpg

That is an amazing bit of work .... Wow ... Time to watermark your photos and put the mark right in the middle of the watch ... that will be the end of people passing your photos off as their own.

Zig, I really don't think he meant any harm, although using your pics without permission was not right. I just think that mentioning your name would have skewed his pole, so he left it out. No, he didn't correct other members mistakes in attributing your work to him, but then again he hasn't posted since his original post, so you can't fault him for that.

Zig, I really don't think he meant any harm, although using your pics without permission was not right. I just think that mentioning your name would have skewed his pole, so he left it out. No, he didn't correct other members mistakes in attributing your work to him, but then again he hasn't posted since his original post, so you can't fault him for that.

Maybe so, but what I don't understand is why he would actually take my pictures and save them as his own on his photobucket album.

I guess I have to come up with a way to watermark all my pics from now on...

RG

It's the french blood, I can't help it, that and too many Hockey Games growing up...

RG

and I thought Hockey games were good to let out frustrations. :D

Keep the faith, The Zigmeister. The poster has been called out for what it is. Besides, I think most of us know that your artistic talents are not easily replicated by mere mortals. :)

Hope all is excellent with you and J!

hmm.. when i saw the post on RWI i was under the impression he owned the watch and or just received it back from a modder and was asking what we thought of the job... but if he doesnt actually have the watch in question and 'borrowed' the pics, then thats definatly a little strange. Hopefully he can let us know whats going on here.

dizz

and I thought Hockey games were good to let out frustrations. :D

Keep the faith, Ziggy. The poster has been called out for what it is. Besides, I think most of us know that your artistic talents are not easily replicated by mere mortals. :)

Hope all is excellent with you and J!

Well you know how it is..."I went to the fights, and a hockey game broke out..." :)

J and I are doing great, I hope all is well on your end also.

@l-dizzel and owdeguy

Taking my pictures and saving them to your own photobucket album, is very fishy to me.

I still can't understand why they kept their size, I always thought you could only save them as thumbnails...time to come up with a watermark from now on, another step neede to protect my stuff...frustrating...

RG

sad to see this happen Rob, it's not right at all taking your pics without your consent but maybe he didn't have the intention of doing you harm, To put them in his photobucket maybe was because then they can be uploaded more easily

But at first he should have asked you, simple as that.

personally i think that post is.... odd. and can understand The Zigmeister's reaction.

if it were his watch and he was just excited about it (i sure would be!) and he asked The Zigmeister's permission then it's absolutely no harm/no foul.

but if it's not his watch, or or his pictures, and he did not have permission to use them, then the post makes no sense?

why even post it? let the owner post The Zigmeister's pics after getting permission. or let the owner take his own and post them when the watch arrives.

IMO, part of the fun of having watches modded, or even getting a new watch, is posting the "look what i got!!!" pictures :D

Guest carlsbadrolex

First, I dont see anywhere that he claimed he had done the work. Secondly, I take hundreds of reference pictures off the net every month and upload them to a few different online storage accounts. I do this for a couple reasons, first being you never know when the original owner of the pic is going to delete it from their account. Secondly, if it is in my account the bandwidth used to view them is mine. I think it is even more crappy to link to someone elses pictures and use their bandwidth. Several of these services limit bandwidth to view the pictures and can block access after the limit is hit.

If it were my watch that had been serviced and pictures of it were online, I would do the same thing. Im sure you have ALOT of pictures in your photobucket account... and if everyone in the world started linking to them you would see a bunch of RED X's very quickly.

Beautiful work by the way, its about the best re-lume job Ive ever seen.

Well I have calmed down.

To clairify, the FM does not belong to H_U, so I don't understand why he posted it.

I do understand why he may not have used my name on RWI, not with members like watchbuff, klink, and hk45ca being there.

He could have asked me before he posted them, and all he had to do was to say that it wasn't his watch, nor did he do the lume, just that he wanted to know what others thought of this particular lume job...

In any case, watermarks on my pictures from now on.

Downloading pics for your own personal use is one thing, posting them on a forum - when they aren't yours, without the originators knowledge - to me, is not good manners.

RG