When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchmaker9 New Royal Oak 15202ST [Pic]

Master Chief

I found Watchmaker9's new Royal Oak 15202ST project.

How about this? overall quality, date-font accuracy...and so on..

Launching Date: Tuesday, Apr (04) 15, 2008

sales site URL: http://watchmaker9.tv/products/royal_oak_jumbo_15202ST.htm

their specs:

• Finest redial work with Audemars Piguet logo and scripts on the dial
  • OEM Size Crown & Tube
  • 18k Yellow Gold Screws
  • Transparent Case Back Identical to Original

APRO15202STsmall.jpg

Edited by Master Chief

It seems to be the same offering that other dealers have had for years now.............At over twice the price!

The gold screws have got to go though, they look hideous on this piece..........

I've heard several people absolutely rave about Watchmaker9, but I just don't see the justification for their higher prices. Their pieces are the standard rep that we can get from any of our dealers. I asked them once, on their forum, why their prices were higher. I wasn't being an ass, not rude at all, just a simple question..........I was immediately banned! :o

Take it for what its worth..........And in my book, they are not worth it!

Here is something more detailed. As Dippy said the gold screws are just plain wrong. Also the back is sapphire which is right, but the movement can easily be seen as incorrect. If you can live with these things, it's not too bad.

However, if can deal with the smaller Royal Oak, this one is FAR more accurate: http://www.pc-80108.com/ap10025-royal-auto...242-p-1652.html

its just the mbw/mbk version. The price isnt even too bad, considering the quality of the piece (its outstanding i have one). If you want to go through our dealers, i suggest paso or ttk.

Btw, this is not the same watch as other dealers are advertising. Do a search for mbw royal oak jumbo, and check it out. There are many threads about this piece.

The gold screws look awesome aswell. Not as gold, as on the pictures.

There's nothing new here guys... i've bought the exact same watch from MBW 3 or 4 years ago... sold it 2 years ago. It is exact to the yellowish screws, the same rotor, same dial etc...

So if WM9 is saying this is new he is talking nonsense. Fact is... it's still quite a nice watch and the finish is excellent, like the PP Nautulus.

The only thing I've seen that's "special" from WM9 is the new Submariner with the correct bezel assembly... and I've yet to see pics of it from someone who bought one.

I bought and posted pics of this Submariner months ago in the Rolex Section :o:o:o Have a closer look through, it is there somewhere!