When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

China and animals

Dani

As for the bit about the plants, that was more meant for Demonslayer than you. It is his belief that killing animals is evil;I can argue just as effectively that killing plants is just as evil.

Ahh the classic plant tactic, used by just about every meat eater I've come across to justify themselves. Tell me, what science or scientific research are you going to use, along with RELIGION to back up your argument, that killing plants are just as evil. Afterall, it is RELIGION which explains what is evil or not, not us.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh the classic plant tactic, used by just about every meat eater I've come across to justify themselves. Tell me, what science or scientific research are you going to use, along with RELIGION to back up your argument, that killing plants are just as evil. Afterall, it is RELIGION which explains what is evil or not, not us.

Huh? OK, well my church, the Divine Church of the Order of the Green Blade, of which I am the founder, Pope, and chief prophet, just happens to have just such a commandment:

1) Thou shalt not kill (plants).

Who writes this religion stuff down, translates it, interprets it, publishes it? People (us).

As for science, I'll just go ahead and use the same research you do to prove that killing animals is evil. Since there isn't any.

No it isn't. It's us.

Nowhere does it say in the bible or qur'an that pedophilia is evil, but we know it is, for instance.

Pug, why do you think that the Abrahamic religions are the ONLY religions which have anything to say about God? Have you ever studied the Vedic faith?

EDIT: I don't mean to say that you think its the only religions to do so, what I mean is please realise, that the Abrahamic faiths are not the only ones who believe in a God and laws and morals and so forth.

So you belive i will be punished becasue i dont belive in allah?

Given what is written in the Qur'an, I believe, that it is certainly a possibility.

Then i em sure you see me as a less of a human since i em a non beliver?

You are 'sure' of many things which are not correct ;)

Like all Humans, you have the free will to believe in Allah or not. That is your choice. I do not judge you by your choice. It is not my place to judge you by your choice.

Huh? OK, well my church, the Divine Church of the Order of the Green Blade, of which I am the founder, Pope, and chief prophet, just happens to have just such a commandment:

1) Thou shalt not kill (plants).

Who writes this religion stuff down, translates it, interprets it, publishes it? People (us).

As for science, I'll just go ahead and use the same research you do to prove that killing animals is evil. Since there isn't any.

In the faith I follow, it teaches us that animals AND plants have souls. I know in the abrahamic faiths they don't, so I would imagine that some won't feel it isn't wrong to kill animals. God has permitted us to eat plants, but you do incur some sin in doing so, as you kill the plant. These however can be cleansed by worshipping God, and also, not every sin holds the same 'weight' as I'm sure you also believe. For instance killing an innocent child has much more sin, than killing a plant. We ideally should bless the food before we eat it, and in doing so are removing the sin involved in killing that plant. The reason why eating plants and eating animals don't have the same sin, is because they are entirely different forms of life. If you want, I can go into more detail, but think senses and intelligence.

Pug, why do you think that the Abrahamic religions are the ONLY religions which have anything to say about God? Have you ever studied the Vedic faith?

Not to the same degree. The polytheistic religions can get very confusing.