When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting rid of sunlight swirls on polished band

UB7

Happy St. Patty's day all! Just wondering if anyone has tips for getting rid of those swirls that can only be seen in the sunlight. Under normal lighting the bracelet looks immaculate but when in the sun, the swirls are slighty visible. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance!

ok.. so you don't believe me :o

I pm'd you the same thing.. so if that is not working it must be the cloth your using after you rub the swirls out with the cape cod.. you need the semi swede cloth .. let me see if I can dig one up to send you.. sheesh.. little Bro needs one now with his .."Genuine" wouldn't be right to walk around in the Sun with "Swirls" :lol:

people are bound to talk.... :blink:

only joking man.. I'll see if I can find the cloth..

Will the cape cod cloth help to restore a dull, no longer looking shiny BCE bracelet to its 'as new' look too? Mine is no longer really shiney, but would have to use the bay to buy one as I have not found cape cods here.

Wrights silver polish.....Nuff said!! :rolleyes:

I think if anyone starts using silver polish , brasso etc, ( liquid abrasives ) you are going to end up with

much worse than "sunlight swirls". These liquids are virtually impossible to get rid of, and dry to a chalky deposit ending up

in all the minute crevices. ( only total stripdown is going to remove the deposit.) ( or rinsing in solvent ).

These swirls , which show up more in bright sunlight are in actual fact light scratches caused by clothing rubbing on the

part, add to this a little quartz , in the atmosphere and this is the result.

Havn`t used cape cod cloths, but failing that, a small ( 1 1/4" dia. ) buffing mop in a dremmel at lower speed, using the white

polishing medium, will result in as new condition.

Even then all polishing medium has to be washed off with a solvent.

Will the cape cod cloth help to restore a dull, no longer looking shiny BCE bracelet to its 'as new' look too? Mine is no longer really shiney, but would have to use the bay to buy one as I have not found cape cods here.

If your bracelet is ALL polished and none of the links are brushed or grained,

send it down to me and I will do it gratis for you , I have a large polishing m/c and mops.

You can have a turnaround in under a week.

PM. me if you want my address. ( Am in Melbourne.)

I think if anyone starts using silver polish , brasso etc, ( liquid abrasives ) you are going to end up with

much worse than "sunlight swirls". These liquids are virtually impossible to get rid of, and dry to a chalky deposit ending up

in all the minute crevices. ( only total stripdown is going to remove the deposit.) ( or rinsing in solvent ).

These swirls , which show up more in bright sunlight are in actual fact light scratches caused by clothing rubbing on the

part, add to this a little quartz , in the atmosphere and this is the result.

Havn`t used cape cod cloths, but failing that, a small ( 1 1/4" dia. ) buffing mop in a dremmel at lower speed, using the white

polishing medium, will result in as new condition.

Even then all polishing medium has to be washed off with a solvent.

Not MY experience after 20+ yrs using the stuff!!...Worst case scenario: A light rinsing under warm water TOTALLY removes ALL residue!!...(of course...water IS indeed a "solvent")Theories are great, but...experience is even better... :rolleyes:;)