When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just ordered Trustys $78 beginner sub

clockguy

Thanks to all you forum folks for the great reading material and list of quality dealers. I finally decided to take the leap after months of trying to research dealers on other review sites before I found this one. RWG really opened my eyes in a hurry. I chose trustys special beginner sub as my first rep. purchase. By the way my shaking is caused by excitement not fear. As I have read from others the next few weeks are gonna go by like months anticipating its arrival. OK NOW LETS ALL HAVE A BEER!

Guest REPPIN

Dude, its not going to be a few weeks, dont sweat it.

I got my ETA Submariner and Bell & Ross / BR-02 about 2 days ago.

It only took them 4 days to get here from the date they were ordered.

Edited by REPPIN

You'll be happy with Trusty's beginner Sub. He recently began carrying the same ones that Josh does, from the 'noob' factory, which are much better than the previous stock. It also shouldn't take more than a week to arrive; don't sweat it. Welcome to a fun - and maybe just a little addicting - hobby! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... I feel better already. The shaking is gone. The reality has set in. Your all telling me what I hoped I would hear and the beer has kicked in. Im not a poet........Just thankful to be a member of this awesome group of people. Thanks for all your reassurance :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... I feel better already. The shaking is gone. The reality has set in. Your all telling me what I hoped I would hear and the beer has kicked in. Im not a poet........Just thankful to be a member of this awesome group of people. Thanks for all your reassurance :D

Yup...the first rep is quite exciting to get. Too bad it was a Rollie though. HAH.

Genuine Rollies feel kind of junkie if you've picked one up for the first time after handling the monster watches like the Planet Oceans or big Breitlings...but the Trusty Noobs are as accurate as they get "out of the box"...just surprisingly light...but extremely close to the gen weight.

The only real disadvantage to the Noob is really the Pearl insert which can be addressed by a new insert for $20...and just accepting the fact that Asian rotors can be a bit loud.

The first rep is exciting...the speed by which they arrive when they come from Josh or Andrew...and how close they are to the gens.

Wait until you get your first "super rep"...then you will really have your socks blown off...nothing like >1/4lb of SS chrono on your wrist!!

Welcome aboard...research...don't take the hobby too seriously...and have fun...and then remember how close you might have been from buying a $1000 rep from one of the Scam sites by contributing back to this community by upgrading your membership, or providing feedback to others or new content of your own.

But just crack back a bit today.

Not being a bit of Irish myself I have plenty of Irish friends and so should you too.

Just relax and relent a bit whether you buy into it or not.

Your watch will be along presently and then you should be back here to share it with us.

Carl

Some times the anticipation is the best bit, remember christmas when you were a kid!

Yup anticipation is 99.9% of the fun.. remember your "first time".. wait what forum am I on.. oh ... shoot ..... replica.. ok .. anyway you will alway's remember the first one..

clockguy.. now the time will crawl .. because you'll be checking the tracking every hour... :p

remember your "first time".. wait what forum am I on.. oh ... shoot ..... replica.. ok .. anyway you will alway's remember the first one..

clockguy.. now the time will crawl .. because you'll be checking the tracking every hour... :p

How can I forget... I was trembling in fear thinking to myself "what in the hell am I doing sending all of this money to Mr. Anonymous in china... I will be lucky if I get anything even remotely resembling a Rolex. The feeling you get when you open your very first package and see a Rolex watch inside is indescribable. You don't really experience anything like that ever again.

Edited by Corgi

How can I forget... I was trembling in fear thinking to myself "what in the hell am I doing sending all of this money to Mr. Anonymous in china... I will be lucky if I get anything even remotely resembling a Rolex.

Hah hah...ain't that the truth.

"Feel confident in sending money to this vendor participating in counterfeit items with a fake name in China because thousands of people you have never met on a bulletin board say to do it"

But...when you crack open the box...it isn't one of the drop-shipping QC nightmares...that feeling is gold...like climbing a rope in gym class.

:lol:

Yep. Start with a Sub ^_^

Then get yourself a Planet Ocean B)

Then go for an ultimate Chronomat Evolution :Jumpy:

Big red disagree!

Start with an ultimate evo :Jumpy:

Then the PO B)

Only then should you slum it with the sub ;)

LOL Well that was the order I went....with a few other odds and ends thrown in. But once you go Breit baby, you never go back!

I hear ya, started with the Breit, moved around to a few Pams, got a rollie, now starting to look at the Breits again. That superocean heritage is looking good...

You'll be happy with Trusty's beginner Sub. He recently began carrying the same ones that Josh does, from the 'noob' factory, which are much better than the previous stock. It also shouldn't take more than a week to arrive; don't sweat it. Welcome to a fun - and maybe just a little addicting - hobby! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Addicting------OH MY GOD-------- That means im addicted to money- beer- woman- race cars- credit cards-mechanical chiming clocks-motor cycles-vintage nintendo-Neil Young and now replica watches!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good and its gettin even better.......... B)

I have read that these Sub78's first popped up as Xmas specials on Andrew's site, so is that long enough for a comparison with the tried-and-true "noobmariner" or even a solo review? I have also heard that these are the same exact watches as the $108 noobmariners except with an updated (bolder) date font.

Thanks.

Edited by GloStiX

Yup anticipation is 99.9% of the fun.. remember your "first time".. wait what forum am I on.. oh ... shoot ..... replica.. ok .. anyway you will alway's remember the first one..

i remembered.. but didnt really go that great :o didnt last that long :p