When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

As they say ........ "It has your name on it"

UncleJay

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't know how he came across the Marlins watch, but I know how he came across the 195 -- by invitation from OP. ;)

GREAT pics, UJ! Thanks for sharing them! I've heard talk about the Marlins watches, but I've never actually seen a picture of one of them before. Way cool!

Edited by peepshow

DSC00104.jpg

Never apologise, Uncle Jay! Your posts are a refreshing boost in this forum.

And thanks for the snap of the Marlins commemorative PAM, from one local Marlins fan!!

(Err, just in case you missed it, I live in SoFla) ;)

Heard Josh still wears his, even in Boston.

Sorry for all the pic posts today, just felt like sharing is all. Hope you guys enjoy the pics but feel free to tell me to stop.

No more.....Please STOP !! (Well, you did ask ...!!) :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm only jealous !!) :huh:

Well, the PAM0195 was something I started with Angelo Bonati. The PAM0206 was offered to me by Philippe Bonay (ex Prez of Panerai US) when they did the special run for the WS Champ Marlin's

And you're on a replica forum?! I don't get it.

(Sorry, I wasn't meaning to be rude as I have no idea who you are, but if you're 'in' with the top guys at Panerai surely frequenting a replica forum is a bit of a conflict of interest?)

I'm glad you bring that up. I've had many (as you can imagine) messages on that same subject, so let me answer it publicly here and now.

Yes, I'm a Panerai collector and have shared many great times with "Team Panerai" and the Panerai collectors community....but I don't work for them. I go where the good atmosphere is and where I can have some fun while maybe contributing a little as well. I don't feel (as others do) that Gen collectors aren't REAL collectors because the watches they collect aren't real. That's BULL! Community starts in the heart .... not the pocket.

I have been enriched by my association with all the great folks at Panerai, Paneristi, TimeZone, and ViaPaneristi and still have great respect for them all. So, I'm here (after lurking for a while) because of your community here and I can only hope to put back some of what I get here ..... besides, you guys are AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you bring that up. I've had many (as you can imagine) messages on that same subject, so let me answer it publicly here and now.

Yes, I'm a Panerai collector and have shared many great times with "Team Panerai" and the Panerai collectors community....but I don't work for them. I go where the good atmosphere is and where I can have some fun while maybe contributing a little as well. I don't feel (as others do) that Gen collectors aren't REAL collectors because the watches they collect aren't real. That's BULL! Community starts in the heart .... not the pocket.

I have been enriched by my association with all the great folks at Panerai, Paneristi, TimeZone, and ViaPaneristi and still have great respect for them all. So, I'm here (after lurking for a while) because of your community here and I can only hope to put back some of what I get here ..... besides, you guys are AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for clearing that up. The reason I asked is that your association with us Rep collectors might not endear you to the guys at Panerai if they were to ever find out, even though you are 'incognito' the fact that your name is engraved on these amazing pieces might make you readily identifiable.

Excellent!!! And we will benefit from your great knowledge on Panerai. We have some members here who know many things about Panerai history But we are always open to learn new things especially from people on the inside :D

Uncle Jay, would be alot to ask to see pics of your AP EoD?

I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING A MISS WITH MY 195

p2231854sj6.jpg

Ok what do the good folks think here

Is there just too much space free on the back of this?

Should I get my name put on it? would that just be too self indulgent?

Has anyone had their own 195's personalised?

What font does one use?

Your thoughts, as amusing as they may be, will be appreciated

Cheers

ST

Wow! Nothing else to say except loving the pics and we are very glad you are spending time here. :D And yes we agree, this place is awesome. ;)

I whole heartedly agree with Master K ....this is a place full of good and decent people and not tainted by the "stench" of corruption and deceit that is usually associated with "replica" anything .

We all understand why we are here and that it's not about "deceiving" anybody .....just a lower cost method of indulging in ones passions.

Best

:fish:

this is a place full of good and decent people and not tainted by the "stench" of corruption and deceit that is usually associated with "replica" anything .

We all understand why we are here and that it's not about "deceiving" anybody .....just a lower cost method of indulging in ones passions.

If ever RWG gets a banner or a mission statement of any kind, these words by FGD should be emblazoned on it. Perfect summary of what at least THIS part of the replica watch world is about.