When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone for a little T & ........L

UncleJay

I found these pics of my PAM0036 dials. I dropped in on my watchmaker/friend while he was doing sevice on some of my pieces. He happened to have both 36s apart so I snapped these pics, hope you enjoy. Notice the difference in the font and the finish on the back side.

post-8676-1206451114_thumb.jpg

post-8676-1206451141_thumb.jpg

T & L Dials.....well that answers one long running debate thanks Jay...

Now how about the dial on your shadow PAM 40....this looks like an A/B T Dial and I thought the PAM 040 had a pre-vendome T dial with the quirky 6 and 9's ?

Does your 040 sport another rare and unique dial combo ?

Best

FGD

Wow, and all this time some of us thought the infamous L-dial 036 MM was just a myth, and didn't exist in the wild except for those photos in OP brochures and official Web site. Thanks for dispelling that one for us UJ.

...or could it simply be that 036 L-dials are one you now get installed in your gen 036 at service centres? Could OP ran out of 036 T-dial as replacement spares? Who realy knows...:)

@fishgodeep - yup, PAM040 certainly came in both pre-A and B-series T-dial flavors, reportedly more 040 with B-dials were produced, how many it's hard to say as the series (200 pieces) was realy small.

cheers,

babola

I found these pics of my PAM0036 dials. I dropped in on my watchmaker/friend while he was doing sevice on some of my pieces. He happened to have both 36s apart so I snapped these pics, hope you enjoy. Notice the difference in the font and the finish on the back side.

I actually have one of those!!,,, NOS, never in a watch,, the back is identical to yours,, I've been wondering what in the world it was worth,, Someone had one offered for sale on a Panerai website for $3000,, But no pics of it... You think they'd be worth that much Jay?...

Wow, and all this time some of us thought the infamous L-dial 036 MM was just a myth, and didn't exist in the wild except for those photos in OP brochures and official Web site. Thanks for dispelling that one for us UJ.

...or could it simply be that 036 L-dials are one you now get installed in your gen 036 at service centres? Could OP ran out of 036 T-dial as replacement spares? Who realy knows...:)

@fishgodeep - yup, PAM040 certainly came in both pre-A and B-series T-dial flavors, reportedly more 040 with B-dials were produced, how many it's hard to say as the series (200 pieces) was realy small.

cheers,

babola

I read on risti that Panreai is out of tritium dials and hands. If you send you tritium based PAM for servicing and a tritium component needs replacement they shall replace the whole configuration with luminova parts without notice... If you send your tritium dial watch with a notice not to replace the hands and dial with luminova parts they shall not service your watch.

I read on risti that Panreai is out of tritium dials and hands. If you send you tritium based PAM for servicing and a tritium component needs replacement they shall replace the whole configuration with luminova parts without notice... If you send your tritium dial watch with a notice not to replace the hands and dial with luminova parts they shall not service your watch.

That is what I call service....????? At least they should inform you...Arrogant way to treat customers

I actually have one of those!!,,, NOS, never in a watch,, the back is identical to yours,, I've been wondering what in the world it was worth,, Someone had one offered for sale on a Panerai website for $3000,, But no pics of it... You think they'd be worth that much Jay?...

Kevin although they are L dials and less desirable being so rare makes their value quite high. If a 22/26 L dial has around 800 euros I guess the 36 L dial is around double that because of the rarity.